Stage 1?

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
vbdave26

Stage 1?

Post by vbdave26 »

Don't really know if this is a stage one or not. I suspect not. Although someone sure went through a lot of trouble to make it one. The Vin number shows it originally having the 2.5 (H? I think).

Here are some pictures

Sure does have a lot of shift levers. Main 4 speed. L/H (short knob). And then a medium sized lever that may or may not be an overdrive.

Can anyone direct me to some pictures that show what the gear set up should look like?

Thanks from Dave in Virginia Beach, VA
Dave Renfro
1983 Series III Stage 1
1993 Saab 900 Turbo CE #105
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

The Stage 1 has a LT95 gearbox fitted. If you have a series box then either it is either a later fitment (which I doubt since the LT95 is far stronger) or, as you suspect, it is not a Stage 1. However there should be a Hi/Lo lever and an overdrive is possible. Post a pic and we can confirm.

What engine have you got? Should at least be a 3.5 V8, unless it was upgraded to a larger capacity or a diesel. Anything less and again, it probably isn't what you think you bought.

Here is what mine looks like inside. Ignore the blue and black arrangement by the hand brake. That is a replacement centre diff lock switch and is not standard.

PS Some pics of the woody and jeep wouldn't be amiss too.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5