About time I said 'Hello'

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
Drew 5292

About time I said 'Hello'

Post by Drew 5292 »

Hey-up! Folks.

Drew's the name and whilst being around Land-Rovers for 22 of my 39 years, I've never owned a Stage One V8...Admired and yearned; just never owned. That was until recently, when a fellow off another forum, which I co-administer, took the decision (financially and time-wise pragmatically) to actually give his taxed and tested van body model away...Yes! for free!
Well, I was the lucky chap with his hand up first and this is what I got...

Some moron of a previous owner (not the kind donor, I add) had messed it up royally with this metallic 'British Racing Green', leaving patches of the original 'Java' in the engine bay, inside the motor itself and, shamefully, behind the rear number-plate :roll:
The big thing which caused the giveaway was the fact that a new chassis is needed...Which I was fortunate-enough to also get, only yesterday.
But as for the motor itself, it was in Sheffield, whilst I am in SW France; a gap bridged by a couple of friends who gladly drove the thing down here for me, with the only hiccup being running-out of LPG at one point, in a motor which is a little happier running on that than the alternative petrol at the mo', ('tho Stromberg overhaul and new air-filters will likely sort that out). Moved in the end and all was well.

The re-chassis and re-build will be happening, once I've renovated a Santana S2 for somebody, for which I'm being paid in-kind with another Stage One 8) ...Will this bonanza ever end?

Will be swinging-in for wisdom from time-to-time.

Until then,

Au revoir.
Last edited by Drew 5292 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drew 5292
Matt Braddish

Post by Matt Braddish »

Ahhhh Drew,

Glad to see you have found the forum, I have been following the tale of the 'Acid Queen' on OLLR. Looks like you have done quite well there , however it'll look even better in the Java green that it should be!
This forum might lack the raw nature of the OLLR, however there is a wealth of knowledge on here and help with locating those elusive parts.
Welcome aboard,
Matt.
Matt B
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

In the words of the immortal Monty, "you lucky lucky bastard".
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
BenS

Post by BenS »

Drew, glad you found your way on here.

Despite collecting a 2nd hand chassis from John Roach
closer investigation revealed it was going to need extensive patching, beyond my capabilities.

Still waiting for money and time to allow another one.