G'day to all from UKl!!

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
tomski

G'day to all from UKl!!

Post by tomski »

Just wanted to say Hi to all I'm an aussie living in the UK and a first time owner of a LR stage 1...a dream come true....(tho been around discos and classis for a little while), glad to have found your website!...She's a 5door lwb and I intend to make her into a crew cab along with a few (or quite a few?) mods when the time/money permits...but will start from scratch and therefore lift the body and start at the chassis :)

Anyhow will probably have loads of q's when I get at it but for now g'day! Promise to post pics as soon as I actually get her into my driveway and take piccies along the 'journey' :D
landdani

Post by landdani »

Goo d day to you too, perhaps start from zero is the best thing to do.
wonderful sport!
1984 SeriesIII ex-melitary, 109 inch, V8 stage one

Post by 5988 »

hello
:lol:

where abouts in the UK are you?
tomski

Post by tomski »

Yes should say that:) in Surrey but within the M25 ring..incidently your rebuild 'guide' is bloody great! I'm going to attempt a similar job meself I thinks, but still wondering if I should go for a 200 lump insted of the v8....hmmmm

Post by 5988 »

tomski wrote:if I should go for a 200 lump insted of the v8....hmmmm
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

you cant take the V8 out of a stage 1

your quite a long way south of me then

there wouldn't be much between a defender and it then (other than leaf springs not coils)
I thought about it when i started .... and again last week now we have a Tdi disco outside the house (which is shortly going to be a little cube) with a mine engine, but came to the conclusion a stage 1 must have a V8 ....even though ive no idea how ill afford to fuel it

My rebuild has stopped at the moment as its outside its all sheeted up till summer
I reckon will be on the road by end of summer 2011.....only a slight slip from the June 09 i had planned :roll:
Jules

Post by Jules »

tomski wrote: in Surrey but within the M25 ring.
Quite near me then - Redhill?
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

tomski wrote:Yes should say that:) in Surrey but within the M25 ring..incidently your rebuild 'guide' is bloody great! I'm going to attempt a similar job meself I thinks, but still wondering if I should go for a 200 lump insted of the v8....hmmmm
Hi, welcome.

Enjoying the English spring are we? :p

The Stage 1 is a unique machine and one of its characteristics is the V8, as is the LT95. If you really want a 200TdI then get a Deffie, there are plenty of those around and they are already set up for it. If cost is an issue there are a large number of successful LPG conversions.

Cheers
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
landiman

Post by landiman »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! you can't take out the v8,sacrilege!!!!!
that's what stage 1's are all about.
I'm converting mine to LPG this weekend with a kit from Tinley Tech, Bourne,Cambridgeshire :D
http://s850.photobucket.com/albums/ab66 ... an/Series/
Series 3 stage 1 109( now off to usa)

Post by 5988 »

disco2hse wrote:
tomski wrote:Yes should say that:) in Surrey but within the M25 ring..incidently your rebuild 'guide' is bloody great! I'm going to attempt a similar job meself I thinks, but still wondering if I should go for a 200 lump insted of the v8....hmmmm

Enjoying the English spring are we? :p
Its spring :shock:
Currently around 0C and snowing outside my window :roll:
yesterday was similar temp and raining :wink:
got a while to wait for any good weather over here
tomski

Post by tomski »

Tell me about it! The weather is sooo great here ....really 4 seasons in one day! almost like victoria back home :D