My stage 1

Introduce yourself and your vehicles and post (or link to) photos
Huzey

My stage 1

Post by Huzey »

Hi all, again.
Just thought I would tell you about my stage 1 stationwagon. I bought it in August last year as a rolling restoration/weekend camper conversion. It is in reasonable condition (apart from the brakes, altough all sorted now!!) for it's age (1982) and the previous owner had fitted a full set of parabolic springs, and an LPG conversion. It has, so say, had a royal owner in the past as it is painted quite a dark green, including the safari roof and has got leather seats and leatherette trim and 2 bolt holes on the bonnet for a mascot, but I have no evidence to support this. I would be more inclined to think that someone from the music industry had it as it has a nice gear knob in the shape of a microphone and with the leather trim and all that........ well I just don't know, but would be interested to find out. Now I've sorted the brakes and got an mot, I shall be trying to do something about the interior as it is a little worse for wear. And then there are the oil leaks to attend to, but hey, it wouldn't be a Land Rover if it didn't leak!! Look forward to hearing from fellow stage 1 owners. Regards to all.