stage 1 v8 brakes and the lack of.........

Technical questions and answers
Huzey

stage 1 v8 brakes and the lack of.........

Post by Huzey »

Hi all.
Just fitted a zeus disc brake conversion kit to my stage 1 sw. After a lot of research regarding the bearings and hubs etc, and the price of the kit, I went for the zeus kit as it retains the original hub and stub axles. I fitted the kit in a day and it all went together very well. The only problem I had with the kit was the female brake unions were imperial rather than metric, but 5 minutes with a flaring kit and the original unions soon sorted that out. Very impressed with the kit and would recommend it to anyone. Finaly got an MOT on my landy today, and it even pulls up in a straight line. Anybody thinking of doing the same and wants any info, please feel free to get in touch.
Regards Huzey
Bedo

Brake Conversion

Post by Bedo »

Where did you get your kit?

How much?

With my 3.9 litre RPI engine and 4 barrel carb/ Piper Torque camshaft, it gets a little hairy at times! :twisted:

Any info or ideas would be appreciated?

Cheers
Dave Bedenham
Stage 1 3.9 litre RPI V8
Huzey

Post by Huzey »

Hi Dave
I got the kit from Zeus engineering in Devon. It cost me just over 600 quid with the carriage, but what it would be to saudi, I have no idea. The web site is www.zeus.uk.com. Sounds a bit dear, but if your drums are knackered like mine were, only genuine drums are available at 120 quid a piece and with genuine shoes at 110 quid a set, it all soon adds up, so I thought for the extra couple of hundred, why not make an improvement to standard. The beauty of the kit is if you want to, you can fit discs all round as they will bolt onto the back axle as well. It retains the standard hub, you just fit longer wheel studs and then the disc fits over the studs and is clamped on by the wheel. I looked into fitting the santana set up as sold by TI console in Denmark, but when I asked the question about the type 2 axle as fitted to the stage 1, they said I had to fit the earlier type wheel bearings, and I wasn't too sure about that. I see that Chris Perfect sells a kit with a type 2 hub included but I think that is getting on for 8 or 900 quid.If you want to see a Zeus kit fitted, try looking at www.yican.com.au/DBrakes/DBrakes.html. I hope this has been of interest and help to you.
Regards Huzey.
I started off with nothing, and still got most of it left!
1989 110 V8 Hard Top

1955 Fordson Major E1a