front hub bearing

Technical questions and answers
robert

front hub bearing

Post by robert »

Happy New Year Everybody

Does wheel bearings in front hub are same as in standard series lr? I need to replace them and i'm not sure what to order

BTW Does anyone plan to come to Baltic LR Meeting in June?
stirlsilver

Post by stirlsilver »

You won't be able to use standard series bearings as the stage 1 has a different sub axle. Aryoch sent me some scans on this a little while ago, he included this info out of the workshop manual:

Stirling
primsil

Post by primsil »

inner and outer bearings are RTC 3429, inner seal RTC 3511
1985 110, 3.9 auto
Dave Triffid

Post by Dave Triffid »

Yep, those are the numbers I have as well, from the parts catalogue. See images below.
HOWEVER the part number of the bearings has apparently been superceded, so you may have to ask for STC4382G (same as a 110 apparently). This is what I was told (and the 110 manual seemed to bear this out), so I have ordered these but have not had chance to fit them yet. If anyone can confirm this I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll let you know once I've got round to fitting them (but that might take a while...).

robert

Post by robert »

Thanks for answers, so can I just order bearings for early 110? It will be usefull becouse anywhere I'm asking about bits for s3v8 I'm getting amazing pirces.
What about bushes in rear suspension? Are they same as standerd S3?
Dave Triffid

Post by Dave Triffid »

> Thanks for answers, so can I just order bearings for early 110?

I don't know about that. Ask your supplier. These are the ones I ordered:

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/SERIES/ ... _(OE).html
Actually if you look on the Paddock site and search for that part number (STC4382G) it seems like they fit lots of different Land Rovers.

I'm very busy at the moment so I've not had chance to fit them yet, but my local expert told me that these were the right ones. As soon as I've done it I'll let you know.[/quote]