Fuel pump

Technical questions and answers
Andy Dawe

Fuel pump

Post by Andy Dawe »

Anyone have any experience with the electric fuel pump.

It's the camping season with the scouts and It's of to here and there for the summer. The Truck did a sterling job of carting all the kit and trailer but conked out on my way home. I noticed the ticking of the pump was not audible, got underneath and tapped it with a lump and off it went. I will check the earthing wire. Has anyone taken one apart anything inside that needs looking at or will it be time for a new one. Any Ideas......
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Andy-

I have bought a Bendix replacement for mine from dingocroft. I think it was around 40 quid maybe 50. Sounds like your issue is electrical, but there is a renewable filter in there that's probably worth checking. Might want to pop it open and see how the plumbing looks. . . take care not to lose the o-rings. Bets of luck.

-Bobby
primsil

Post by primsil »

My early RR had the same one, died on me so swapped it for some other brand, havent got around to checking the old one out yet. Let us know how you get on with it. I did the hit it trick and it went for another few days.
1985 110, 3.9 auto
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

The Bendix type. Is it a direct replacement for the original. or do I need new mountings fuel fitting etc.

I think my original is past caring for now.
martin hughes

Post by martin hughes »

Might be worth just cleaning the filtter before giving up hope on the old girl!

Clamp or block the hose into the pump and unscrew the filter housing from the bottom, inside there is a small filter.
1982 109 V8 Station Wagon
1965 88 Short Wheel Base
Kiwistage1V8

Post by Kiwistage1V8 »

bendix fuel pump filter
Stop Global Whining.
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

Cheers looked inside the unit and it was clean. Bought Bendix unit from Craddock's works a treat now. Can't even hear it unlike the other one. Problem is now waiting for Craddocks to track down a fuel line for me. Bloody typical the steel unions had corroded and they split when removing the old pump. Thats another 10 min job turned into a weekend.........