Gas tank moving

Technical questions and answers
Tups93

Gas tank moving

Post by Tups93 »

Hey all,

A lot of you may know I had the stage 1 up for sale but it never sold so I'm going to do some bits and pieces to it so please prepare yourselfs for about a million and 10 questions.

First question is how difficult a job is it to relocate the gas tanks? They currently run across the load bay and I want to move them to run up and down the load bay where the wheel arch is. I also want to reroute the pipes but I think ill leave that for someone else.

Cheers
map1275

Re: Gas tank moving

Post by map1275 »

So you have petrol tanks fitted inside the loadspace?

Fitting factory components to any of the three factory positions is as hard as buying the correct parts. Doing something other than a factory arrangement depends on your transport authorities rules and your work ethic.
Tups93

Post by Tups93 »

Hello,

I should have maybe explained that better, I've got 2 lpg tanks in the back that I want to move.

Cheers
map1275

Post by map1275 »

In most first world countries LPG is regulated and not DIY in any way. Though in England it is allowed, despite the occasional building being levelled from gas explosion.

I severely doubt you are going to find any ready made brackets to fit tanks inside the middle arches of a LWB and you'd need two short fat tanks and shields. In a station wagon there's no space whatsoever. Even if you could find small enough scuba tanks, plus the brackets and shields, you'd be perpetually refilling. This is pressurised liquid at -42 C, not LCPL Jones' van with town gas and a bag on the roof.