Available bits?

Technical questions and answers
abettertomorrow

Available bits?

Post by abettertomorrow »

HI looking to get a stage one and there were some bits missing from one I looked at - not sure if available or not?

The radiator appears to be held on an "A frame" visble through the grill - it was missing
also the air ducts from the strombergs and air boxe was all missing - is it the same as range rover?
is radiator available and same as other models - range rover?
Also are front drum brakes different - wider? do the series 3 109 front brake slave cylinders fit, i.e., same repair kit from suppliers?
thanks
Darren
Geoff

Re: Available bits?

Post by Geoff »

See my recent post re 'Front diff question' for links to the relevant parts book and Land Rover Workshop
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
disco2hse

Re: Available bits?

Post by disco2hse »

abettertomorrow wrote:The radiator appears to be held on an "A frame" visble through the grill - it was missing
What is? The diagonal bars, the grill, or the radiator?

All can be got as second hand.
abettertomorrow wrote:also the air ducts from the strombergs and air boxe was all missing - is it the same as range rover?
Do you mean the inlet pipes from the air filter plus the fittings onto the carbs are all missing? Or do you mean the air filter is missing too? These are all pretty easily available. The air filter comes in a variety of forms depending on use and region. You need to be more specific as to what you want. Part numbers help.

Some are the same as Range Rover. Others are not.
abettertomorrow wrote:is radiator available and same as other models - range rover?
Not necessarily. If you have one, get it recored if required.
abettertomorrow wrote:Also are front drum brakes different - wider?
Than what?
abettertomorrow wrote:do the series 3 109 front brake slave cylinders fit, i.e., same repair kit from suppliers?
Just order the right parts and make life easier.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5