Station Wagon Side Doors

Technical questions and answers
Geoff

Station Wagon Side Doors

Post by Geoff »

I see that my Series 3 parts book (which is dated June 1988) shows different part numbers for the 109 V8 Station Wagon's rear or second row passenger doors from those given for the 'standard' 109in Station Wagon, and yet different numbers again for the 109V8 'County' Station Wagon. Is anyone aware of any actual material differences affecting interchangeability? For instance, I was assuming anti burst locks could be fitted to any of these doors. (As for the 'County' SW, I always thought the differences were pretty much cosmetic - certainly as far as only the doors are concerned - just some 'go faster' stripes perhaps?) Can't see why any 109in SW side doors shouldn't fit a Stage 1 SW but wouldn't want to spend money and find out otherwise.
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
Mrs Bingham

Re: Station Wagon Side Doors

Post by Mrs Bingham »

I can't say whether the anti burst locks will fit a regular Series door - I suspect not without modification as the latch mechanism is quite a bit bigger, thus may have different hole spacings etc. There is also different a door card (if fitted). As far as the County doors are concerned, I can't see much in the way of a difference. Agreed, the paint and decals plus tinted glass perhaps, but all that would be separate parts. I bet the difference is the holes for the door card as the later CSW's have a moulded door trim much like the early 110. Also the two part military spec doors which fit a treat also have different part numbers. The difference I can see is that these have no drillings for the door cards.
1983 Stage 1 V8 Hardtop (Mrs Bingham)
Geoff

Re: Station Wagon Side Doors

Post by Geoff »

Thanks very much for such a thorough reply! I was beginning to think the different numbers for the County doors at least might just be because of the tinted glass, since I saw the number with a capital C tacked on apparently representing a glazed unit (though why the need for different numbers for the unglazed doors I don't know - but then what's logic got to do with it?) Unfortunately I no longer have my 1975 2.25 109 SW to compare the locks, so I'll have to have a look at another somewhere. You don't happen to have the part numbers for those two part miltary spec doors do you?
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs