Windscreen Washer

Technical questions and answers
TriniAndy

Windscreen Washer

Post by TriniAndy »

Folks,

i got this converted 88" and the screen wash has been apparently abandoned a long time ago.
Could i get come pictures please what the jets are supposed to look like, where the hoses, the water tank and the pump
are installed in the engine room. Most of those items are missing in my car and i want to restore it.
Thanks !

Andy
disco2hse

Re: Windscreen Washer

Post by disco2hse »

Hi,

All in all it is a pretty simple affair. See page 2F 15 in the Series III parts manual for an image of the hoses required and the part numbers for the jets, water bottle and other components. Rather than buying the pipes, you can also use 5mm(?) ID plastic pipe.

There is a link to the manuals at the end of the Manual Downloads thread: http://www.stage1v8.org.uk/phpBB3/viewt ... ?f=6&t=257

Normally the water bottle is on the inside of the nearside mudguard. The little pump motor is wired through the two speed wiper switch (which means a five way switch that has a dwell setting is required if you haven't already got one). I don't actually know where on the 88 it would be fitted though. It may not have been in the same place as the 109's.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
TriniAndy

Re: Windscreen Washer

Post by TriniAndy »

Beautiful, thanks a lot.
Found the info where to place the items in the service manual page 84-1/2.
Rovers North has all the material in stock. Well for now.
Need to get this done before the rainy season starts here with the mud flying around ;-)