Indicator Stalk

Technical questions and answers
Mrs Bingham

Indicator Stalk

Post by Mrs Bingham »

Is it just me or was I going mad when the genuine Lucas indicator stalk (575383) I ordered fitted like a glove on a foot :?:

Not only did the cancelling lug on the column catch the prongs on the switch when in the off position the stalk in my opinion is over cranked.
The worst thing was the multiplug - despite it fitting the loom ok one side of it had the wires round a different way so it was a good job I spotted it first :shock:
The only reason I spotted it was because interestingly enough the old stalk plug had been sliced in two to account for the variation in pin location.

I wasn't expecting to file a profile on to the cancelling prongs nor slicing the rubber multiplug in half for it to fit the loom properly.

Does this mean the Stage1 multiplug on the main loom for the stalk is a different configuration to a regular LR :?:
1983 Stage 1 V8 Hardtop (Mrs Bingham)
db
Site Admin

Re: Indicator Stalk

Post by db »

It's a while ago that I replaced mine, but I don't remember having any problems, and I'm pretty sure it was the same part as for other series 3.

David
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

It's shown in the parts book as the same part as for any other Series III. I replaced one in 1998 without any problem.
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

When I replaced mine at the end of last year, I had to melt the solder off the old plug and solder it onto the new one. It fitted onto the steering well enough.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5