Where to buy Twin Zenith Carb REBUILD kit??

Technical questions and answers
mharshman

Where to buy Twin Zenith Carb REBUILD kit??

Post by mharshman »

Hello all,
I have searched the group with no answers.
I have searched all the usual websites for a rebuild kit for the Zenith Twin. All I see are the single Carb rebuild kits for the 2.25 Petrol Carbs. The internet is full of Triumph and MG carb rebuilds.
Does anyone have a good resource for this Twin Carb rebuild / overhaul? I am a Yank, so not much to be found over here.

Thank you, Matt
datsta

Re: Where to buy Twin Zenith Carb REBUILD kit??

Post by datsta »

Hi Matt,

look for part number AAU2967, same as early Range Rovers.

For example, these guys have them http://www.paddockspares.com/aau2967-ca ... hragm.html

You can expect to pay about 10 UK pounds plus airmail per kit.

Cheers,

Doug
Stage 1 V8 hardtop s/w.
mharshman

Post by mharshman »

Thank you Datsta,
I will order two now. I am guessing that this kit is for one carb, not two. I was about to order another kit for the CD 175 / CDSE but the gaskets were not right.

Thank you again!! -Matt
firemanshort

Post by firemanshort »

As a side note - why are you rebuilding your carbs? (other than they are broke....)

Are you experienceing air leaks, or fuel leaks from a gasket, or what??

I am curious to learn more about the diagnosis and rebuild process for these carbs.

Mine got to whistling really bad and dripping fuel out the bottom. I punted and went to the Edelbrok 4 Barrel carb. The new Edlebrok runs tons better than the bad side drafts - but that is not a fair comparison.

Keep up posted on the rebuild project and post tons of photos of the parts that you discovered as worn and replaced. I am curious to see if the standard kit contains the parts you need to fix your problem or if there are other parts that lie outside of the kit that also typically wear out and need replacing.
-----------------------------------
Firemanshort
Virginia, USA
mharshman

Post by mharshman »

Well for the rebuild? The carbs have not been touched since 1996. Secondly, i have been stranded on the side of the road three times since I bought it. I purchased a new Facet fuel pump, next comes carbs being cleaned, new gaskets. It is clearly a fuel issue. I poured a whole bottle of "Sea Foam" in there first thing. Most days it starts right up, on first try (Choke pulled). Other days it needs a little help. Can run perfect for a trip to the store, than will not start when I am heading home. On top of everything, I must pull the choke to keep it running most of the time. After 30 or so min, I release the choke. Then it runs good. This should not happen in rather warm weather. Will not stay idle without choke pulled at start up. The owner before me, lived in Florida, he had to do the same thing? Very rare, but a few times while making a left turn, it stalls out on me.
So I want to tackle all fuel issues now, get that out of the way.
-Matt