Rover V8 what model buick is it?

Technical questions and answers
stageonenicko

Rover V8 what model buick is it?

Post by stageonenicko »

what model is the rover v8 in a buick sense. i know buick bought the rights but to which engine. so the question is this "what is the model buick engine that rover bought?
i am trying to find out because i know that the particular buick engine here can bolt straight in apparently. just curious to expand my kowledge
thanks alot Nick'o
it doesn't leak it sweats and if its not leaking then its EMPTY
Huzey

Buick v8

Post by Huzey »

Hi Nick
The model was an aluminium V8. Just found this on the inter-web.
Aluminum V8
The Oldsmobile/Buick 215 V8 was a small 215 in³ aluminum engine for midsize cars of the 1960s. It was introduced in the 1961 Buick Special, Oldsmobile Cutlass F-85 (where it was called the Rockette), and Pontiac Tempest and retired by General Motors just three years later due to high production costs.

The tooling was sold to Britain's Rover Group, and this Rover V8 engine saw widespread use by many manufacturers. This engine was the basis for a 198 in³ V6 which, after being sold to and bought back from Jeep in the 1970s, became the current GM 3800 engine.
Hope this is of help and answers your question.
Regards Huzey.
I started off with nothing, and still got most of it left!
1989 110 V8 Hard Top

1955 Fordson Major E1a
stageonenicko

Post by stageonenicko »

this helps immensely now do you know if it can bolt in in place of the rover v8, parts are easier to get here for buick engines than for rover engines expecially the v8.
much appreciated thank you
it doesn't leak it sweats and if its not leaking then its EMPTY
Huzey

Buick v8

Post by Huzey »

Hello again.
Sorry but have absolutely no idea about wether the buick will bolt straight in. I suppose it all depends wether land rover made the bell housing to fit the engine or the engine to fit the bell housing and all the other bits and pieces and ancilliaries etc, if that makes sense??I would be interested to know how you get on though.
Kindest regards
Huzey.
I started off with nothing, and still got most of it left!
1989 110 V8 Hard Top

1955 Fordson Major E1a