police colours

Technical questions and answers
djrr6

police colours

Post by djrr6 »

As i am asking questions i thought id continue...

i have an ex police white 109 but it has dog rough body work on at the moment and i want to re paint.

as it still has all the instrumentation and police light boxes etc id quite like to keep it looking fairly origianl however i have no idea what paint it will be.

it isnt the metallic type paint on current police landy's and is quite matt white and will attempt to upload a picture to show this but wndered if there is anywhere that will haev this info as googled to no joy

cheers
sebking

rozzers

Post by sebking »

on one of the original sales brochures there's a police stage 1, will dig it out and upload a pic.
1970 Spitfire MKIII
1981 Laser 1 88643
1982 Stage 1 v8 SW
1992 Laser 2 9101 "Purple Reign"
2000 Laser Pico 4050
2001 Brompton M3L
2010 VW California GP 140 SE
2010 Brompton M6L
2010 Venture Ranger 16 Canoe
2010 Cube Ltd Pro
Mrs Bingham

Post by Mrs Bingham »

My guess it is Arctic White – a standard BL colour which was available and usually specified for the emergency services and utility companies. Highly unlikely to a matt finish just the usual age old cellulose syndrome. The paint code is LRC273
1983 Stage 1 V8 Hardtop (Mrs Bingham)
Matt Braddish

Post by Matt Braddish »

Have you got some pictures of it as mine too is an ex police. Its ex West Midlands and the number plate is two lower than the one that Seb probably mentions. I have repainted parts of mine as it needed new doors and I ended up contacting 'the paint man' based in Birmingham. He managed to mix up a perfect match of coach paint that you can either spray, roller or brush on and he will send it to you in the post.
If its the same white, it will have a very slightly blue tinge to it. I know that he was going to keep a record of the mixings for mine in case I needed some more so it should be easy enough to get hold of.
Have you got any pictures or details of yours?
Matt B
djrr6

WOW

Post by djrr6 »

Wow thanks for the advice guys and i am amazed at how much knowledge there is out there fo the military and police specs

I will take pictures tonight and upload them and as it will be dark i suspect it will cover up the dog rough body work it has however i have been concentrating on running gear before aesthetics therefore the new year should see an improvement on the white colour
djrr6

Post by djrr6 »

i am not sure if this works but have put the picture of it when i bought it to show the colour.

its in a bit better state now and will post more if this works

cheers

Mrs Bingham

Post by Mrs Bingham »

:)

I've seen this bad boy before. It looks fine though - I would give it a good t-cut and polish and then see what it looks like.

1983 Stage 1 V8 Hardtop (Mrs Bingham)
djrr6

Post by djrr6 »

ah so you may know some of its past then?

i have done mainly powerplant work at the moment with new carb refurb, radiator, brakes drums etc etc however body does need work.

i have no intention of making it look too fancy however being water proof is a good start.

thanks all for the comments and help so far