Paint Code - Limestone?

Technical questions and answers
Chaz Quarrier

Paint Code - Limestone?

Post by Chaz Quarrier »

Not strictly technical, but what can anyone help with the paint code on my Stage 1? It's pretty much a limestone colour:

Big changes since last time I posted, we're now in Park City, Utah! The Landy gets a lot of looks as the driver is on the "correct' side of the vehicle.
:D
map1275

Post by map1275 »

Well I would of said it was Sahara Dust and Arctic White but it depends on precisely what model it is.

The white background and lighting probably isn't helping.
noexitroad

Post by noexitroad »

looks great, no matter what the colour :lol:
Mrs Bingham

Post by Mrs Bingham »

Your vehicle most likely being a CKD export built to ROW spec the colour could be non Land Rover but in any case limestone has the following code:

Colour ref: NCJ
Colour: Limestone
Year: 59-84
Code: LRC.007

Nice truck though :D
1983 Stage 1 V8 Hardtop (Mrs Bingham)
map1275

Post by map1275 »

If it wasn't for a couple of missing parts including the wing badges, I would say this is a 'Land-Rover 3.5'.
Chaz Quarrier

Post by Chaz Quarrier »

Thanks all! Yes, she is a CKD, so could well be non-standard. The keyfob has 'desert sand' written on, but it's hand written, so I have my doubts.

Would love a couple of those wing badges with rover 3.5 on - any ideas on a source, or are they all long gone by now...
map1275

Post by map1275 »

If you know it's CKD, then CKD for where in the world?

As per my previous, you need to state PRECISELY what model it is to get an accurate or correct answer to your question.
Chaz Quarrier

Post by Chaz Quarrier »

CKD for Australia. Land Rover 3.5, what you mean by precisely what model it is? I thought the options were V8 or Isuzu? Please enlighten me!
map1275

Post by map1275 »

Well you've opened with a waffly question about a 'Stage 1' and Limestone paint.

You've now, eventually, got around to mentioning that it's CKD and not UK home market and then eventually admitted that it's Australian produced.

If you deleted the fantasy Stage 1 title and simply stated what the car is, you would have skipped all the guess answers to your original question.

So you have a Leyland Australia Land-Rover 3.5 Cab Chassis, as per the details on the Compliance plate?
Chaz Quarrier

Post by Chaz Quarrier »

Thanks!
Last edited by Chaz Quarrier on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
map1275

Post by map1275 »

What you should have on the radiator's (top) tank support panel, is two Dulux decals. One for Sahara Dust and the other for Arctic White, plus the SQ36 Coolant decal. This was a silly place to put them but that's where they were.

Both colours were international for Land-Rover and appear in most paint colour charts. Limestone doesn't appear to have been used in Australia along with many of the unique 109 V8 colours.