Doortop with Sundym glass for sale

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
Geoff

Doortop with Sundym glass for sale

Post by Geoff »

I am selling on ebay the driver's side (RHS) front doortop from one of my Stage One Station Wagons with its original Triplex Sundym glass, having some time ago replaced it with a military-style alloy doortop. It's in good condition, needing only new bottom window channel. I'm inviting an opening bid of £100 with no reserve, which I think is fair for someone wishing to match existing glass or even keep as spare as, so far as I know, Sundym glass is now practically impossible to find for Series vehicles (I've had a standing search on ebay for it for years that has turned up practically nothing) and the last new prices I saw listed for it were something like £75 per doortop pane (and the doortop itself is still sound and comes with good window catch, seal, studs and nuts, and even the fiddly little glass bit that usually flies off and so is most often missing!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123088202337 ... 1555.l2649

[Apologies to any interested forum members not in the UK reading this, but you'd have to send someone to collect this - I hate packing anything at the best of times, let alone something like this]
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
disco2hse

Re: Doortop with Sundym glass for sale

Post by disco2hse »

Did it sell?
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
Geoff

Re: Doortop with Sundym glass for sale

Post by Geoff »

Nope. So it's going back into a far corner of the attic until the world realises just how rare this highly desirable glass is! Trouble is there's 6 doors, 6 glazed doortops, and a bonnet in the house now. I think I might renew the bottom channel and just keep it as a spare - although I already have an all-alloy spare! :oops:

NOW SOLD
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs