On American ebay

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
Geoff

On American ebay

Post by Geoff »

2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
map1275

Re: On American ebay

Post by map1275 »

Another one of those overpriced tart-up jobs for the U.S. Looks like they ran out of black paint and tar for the underside, hence the discount price. Not sure what the square fittings do on the broom repainted floor. Some of the tac-on accessories almost make it look like it was for a Japanese buyer.
Otherwise it's still on the road so hopefully the new owner will have some fun.
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Bit cruel that. I must admit that, when I see something like this, I try to find fault with it but, to be fair, I couldn't find all that much to really cavil about on this. What are these square fittings whereof you speak? (If you mean what I think you mean, they're just the steel corners of the middle row seat bases, and they're not actually on the floor) And I'm pretty sure that's not a 'broom repainted floor', but an original Genuine 109 rubber rear floor mat. I just wish my roof vents were in such nice condition. I would like to have seen a photo inside the engine bay though. And an eye-watering price (but they got it)
map1275

Post by map1275 »

Look at the only picture of the floor with the mat lifted. Certainly not factory fitted rivets and I can't think of any threaded fittings that are painted in situ, nor any with square heads save for filler bungs. Lumps of gum also aren't factory painted over with body colour by brush.

Simple reality is you could buy better in Australia and ship it to the States for less. I think of it from thirty years of vehicle inspections. Shiny paint on the outside only, black paint and tar over grime everywhere else and a big price usually doesn't equate to a happy new owner. Hopefully they will be otherwise the usual owner reality is to blame the vehicle.
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Ok, sorry for completely misunderstanding you. I share your suspicion and scepticism (considering the price) Wonder why they put that photo up? (Looks like they could use that bonnet lock I sold you too!)
map1275

Post by map1275 »

For $25000 U.S. you don't event get a 65p plastic blanking plug in the front panel or a LHF door you can lock from the outside.
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Well spotted on the door lock! (Btw the $1500 spotlight is a misprint, isn't it??)
map1275

Post by map1275 »

I don't see why. Many Lucas light units reach ridiculous prices such as what used to be the hand controlled roof light (fishing boats, tow trucks etc.).

Since older Ford and GM Australia products can now fetch ridiculous prices, the price for a matching pair of unused Lucas sealed beams is in the hundreds of dollars.
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Oh, well, perhaps that's what the buyer bought it for :?
map1275

Post by map1275 »

Not the big rusting weld on the main rail in front of the RH spring? Presumably a replacement outrigger and not the start of a different chassis.
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

It's back on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222501808544? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Buyer didn't pay - perhaps they saw your comments!
map1275

Post by map1275 »

Look at the history of the previous and present bidders. Looks more like professional Tree bids. Seller is looking for the highest price only. The person to worry about might be the present high bidder.