Quentin Wilsons Stage 1 V8 Pickup for sale

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
jeffflem

Quentin Wilsons Stage 1 V8 Pickup for sale

Post by jeffflem »

Due to unfortunate circumstances I have decided to sell my Java green Stage 1 V8 Pickup which has previously been owned by ex Top Gear presenter Quentin Wilson.
Restoration work has been started. So far it has had a replacement rear half chassis fitted, brake rebuild all round, springs and shock absorbers all round, top end engine rebuild including new camshaft and followers and overhauled carburettors, recently painted wheels and new tyres but it still has its original body paintwork. It starts, drives and stops no problem. There's not too much work left to do to get it to mot standard. Once warm the engine has a slight squeak of which we haven't managed to look into yet.
This stage 1 has featured with Quentin wilson in LRO Magazine in 1996 and 20 years later with myself in August 2016. LRO have mentioned that they would like to do a follow up when the restoration is completed by the new owner.
This could be a great opportunity for someone to finish the restoration of this iconic vehicle as unfortunately I am only having to sell it due to family circumstances and limited spare time.
Any photographs, questions or more information can be forwarded upon request.
I'm in no hurry to sell as il be sad to see her go so sensible offers will be considered.
Please get in touch initially via email theflemings1@hotmail.co.uk
Regards
Jeff
Geoff

Re: Quentin Wilsons Stage 1 V8 Pickup for sale

Post by Geoff »

Sorry, don't see how this vehicle is any more 'iconic' than any number of other Stage Ones owned by members of this forum or otherwise.
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
harry potter

Re: Quentin Wilsons Stage 1 V8 Pickup for sale

Post by harry potter »

I quite fancy another pickup.

Would you take £500 seeing as it will need collecting and work doing prior to a MOT and potentially a new engine if l cannot find the mouse making the squeak?

thanks