Wanted: Seat Box and Floor plates(s)

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
skittles

Wanted: Seat Box and Floor plates(s)

Post by skittles »

Hi everyone,

well… 5 months into 109V8 ownership and I've nearly got everything I need to recommission my old Land Rover which had been stripped of most of the unique 109V8 bits when I got it. Its been difficult gathering the parts (was little things like gearbox mounts and throttle pieces that took the most time - ended up getting these from Germany. Even managed to gather every one of the parts needed to build a front axle trough a combination of used and NOS parts - I must know the parts catalogue by heart now!), but totally worth it as this vehicle would definitely have been broken up if I hadn't been able to find the bits (big thanks to forum members who helped me)

The only bits I still need are:

1) A seat base (as long as the front is OK I can rebuild the rest)
2) A passenger-side floor plate (ideally a drivers side too)

If anyone can help, please let me know. I live in the Manchester area so can travel locally to collect or could arrange a courier or forum relay to collect.

Many thanks indeed.
quilp

Re: Wanted: Seat Box and Floor plates(s)

Post by quilp »

have u got a steering box now tried to e mail but couldnt, ripon coming up prob get a seat box there will a defender one do or a series
skittles

Post by skittles »

Hi - no pm came through no. Still looking for a steering relay, I have the original but as mentioned, it's suffered a bit of damage - repairable but would prefer a replacement.

Yep - if all else fails I'll pick up a 110V8 seat base but would prefer a proper 109V8 one.
CaptainSlow

Post by CaptainSlow »

Ripon has been cancelled sorry. Even caught LRO out... Live strikes again!

EDIT - its Ripley Castle that is cancelled - LRO Spring Adventure. Sorry! Ripon 4x4 spare day is still on :D

Couldn't you make up some footplates? Shouldn't be that difficult to make templates out of ply or similar?

Good luck with the recommissioning!
skittles

Post by skittles »

Thank you. Yep - floor plates would not be a problem if I had a pair from which to make templates - similarly I can buy a complete, uncut, seat box front from YRM and could change a 4-cyl one to 109V8 spec, but would need a template. I'd prefer to find the real thing if I can as I'm aiming for quite a high standard on this (my third) build. I could just make some to fit but suspect I'll miss some detail if I do.
quilp

Post by quilp »

you going to rippon skittles
skittles

Post by skittles »

I can't make it unfortunately, I have something on that weekend (though if my plans change I will be there)
quilp

Post by quilp »

did you go to penrith autojumble bought a few good bits coffe can resevoir, deep s2 skirts sides of a series 1, 2 avon road master wheels n tyres. s1 oil filter bloke selling a load of stuff cheap he had 2 petrol engines 25 quid each.