Who's got ANY 109V8 bits they'd sell in the UK?

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
skittles

Who's got ANY 109V8 bits they'd sell in the UK?

Post by skittles »

Hi folks - I am slowly but surely gathering the parts I need to rebuild the part-stripped Stage 1 I bought earlier this year.

Finally managed to track down an oil seal retainer for the front axle which was a worry - thank goodness for dunsfold. Couldn't get the civvy one so had to get a pair of FRC5620s which were intended for the 109V8 armoured car.

There's still a big list of bits I need and some others that I would prefer to replace due to damage. The list is longer than I first thought, luckily I enjoy tracking down parts and scouring the parts catalogue. I'd be really keen to hear from UK forum members who might have a few odds and ends in the shed as I may well be interested. Am based in the north west of England, but can travel to collect or can pay for a courier. Am off for a parts run to birmingham, over to Leicester and up to leeds at the weekend if anyone is en-route.

I'd be interested in lots of things, basically anything uniquely 109V8 so feel free to drop me a line and I'l give you a call. Some key things I'm after are:
  • Any front axle parts (I'm having to build one from scratch using a pair of 1981 109 4cyl hubs as a base - used the parts manual to ID the unique parts and have picked up quite a few bits so far from various sources (6-cyl brakes, swivel housing and ball, etc), still after some steering arms and an axle case among others. Also after an old pair of 109V8 stub axles for measurement, preferably post-1980 (FRC3917) - plan on IDing the closest early coiler ones and using the spare as a pattern for the machine shop to modify the inner flange, if my assumption is correct)
    A passenger (Left hand) side floor plate
    A Seat Box
    A handbrake handle
    A radiator grille - possibly, but not essential, with a support panel as mine has a bit of damage.
Any parts that are unused (and that don't owe me too ha ha :lol: ) will be donated back to the forum when I get her back on the road .

Many thanks once again.
skittles

Re: Who's got ANY 109V8 bits they'd sell in the UK?

Post by skittles »

Been a great month for parts - have now managed to find almost everything I need, the only bits I still need are:

A passenger (Left hand) side floor plate (MRC3575) or even a pair of floor panels. Even if they're rough I can use them as templates.
A Seat Box (MRC7173)
A set of gearbox mounts - I have one gearbox bracket 575651, but am missing the other 5 pieces, the other gearbox-rubber mount bracket (595119), both rubber mount-chassis brackets (90575585 x 2) and a pair of spreader plates (NRC2618 x 2)
An accelerator pedal/cross shaft/cable assembly (too many part numbers to list)

Will have to wait till payday though as I have bought far too much this month! :D
knobwrot

Post by knobwrot »

do you still need any parts...?
i have a Stage 1 i was about to list on Ebay again following a previous time waster.

Stands me in at £1100 for the whole thing and depending where you are i can drop it off for a fee.

All the pictures taken are located on my Dropbox Page for viewing:
https://www.dropbox.com/l/a62k0wmuNLdvVMngECwahr
1979 SWB Series 3 Hardtop

1980 Stage 1 - Utility

BF2 and BF3
skittles

Post by skittles »

PM sent