£10K+ paid for your Stage 1

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
F**kw*t

Post by F**kw*t »

I've made up my mind. I'm after a bright and properly sorted Stage 1. I've simply not the time for a project or quite frankly nor do i have the inclination. Thus instead, I am prepared to pay for the right vehicle. I'm hoping somebody here at this price-point, could be persuaded to part with a very decent example.

OK, so i'll spec you my ideal vehicle :

I will be buying this to be used as a daily-driver much as I drive my own 109 at present. My 109 has been set-up for driving, I would rahter see something with what I would call sensible mods. It must look non-w**kered, ie appear standard to most. Definitely no 'addocks "Seen 'Crocodile-Dundee ' once too often" Bling. Equally some rivet-correct show example is good, but it's not where I'm going.. Subtle modes like disc brakes, sound-proofing, decent lighting, a decent heater, heated screens, PAS, 5-speed box, gas conversion and galving I will pay extra for. Purely because, if you have a rivet-correct example I would be putting that stuff on it anyway, and if you've already done this then great, that adds to its value. In fact at this price point I would expect galving.

As i sadi this is being bought for daily-driver use, 12-15,000 miles a year. Apolgies to the purists, a stock series is fine for 1500 miles a year, its quirks at thsi mileage can be referred to as character, but without a few concessiosns to modern traffic, and a few comforts, becomes impractical when not being used just for 'Sunny-sundays'. I wrote thsi missive on anotehr site, but it gives yo an idea:

http://ollr.createaforum.com/general-la ... -a-leafer/

You might be able to squeeze more out of me if yours is near what I would be making a rivet-correct example into anyway. I know how much mine has cost me over the years, so I am fully aware of the real creeping time & cost of yours if it is the properly sorted vehicle I want.

PM me your tel number, (landlien would be nice) . I'm in Beds, but don't let that stop you. I'm not expeccting the right vehicle to come up quickly. I'll wait. I'll travel anywhere for the right vehicle.
So gents, what have you?
Last edited by F**kw*t on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Looking for a Stagey now. Have you got one for me?
Geoff

Re: £10K+ paid for your Stage 1

Post by Geoff »

2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
F**kw*t

Post by F**kw*t »

Thank you. Yes, i've had my eye on that. Schnnice and near me. Nearly misseed it too because it was not listed as a Stage 1
F**kw*t

Post by F**kw*t »

I mentioned this very vehicle in my first post. Reading your electrity board thread, turns out it was for sale. Do you know if anybody bought this? I'm onto teh seller now...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... ink:top:en
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Dunno, but if I remember correctly he wanted about as much money for it as you seem to be wanting to spend.
2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs