Front Grille needed

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
llandes

Front Grille needed

Post by llandes »

Anyone want to sell a front grille? I just purchased a Stage 1 and it has the plastic Defender grille on it. I'd like the original wire grille if I can find one. Will pay fair price plus all shipping fees.
Thanks very much!
Cheers...
wpalmo

Re: Front Grille needed

Post by wpalmo »

Welcome aboard Llandes,

Good luck finding a grill. If you can't find one I don't think it would be to hard to make one. I see you are in California Llandes, did you import the Stagey or purchase it there. I have been told that the Stage One was not exported to the US but I have no other information other than here say. Would be keen to know for sure though if Land Rover ever did export the Stage One to the USA.

Regards Warrick.
1981 Stage One V8 Truck Cab
2001 HSE 4.6 Range Rover
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

2 1981 Stage One 109 V8 SWs
Robstal110

Post by Robstal110 »

Hi llandes

Are u still looking for a grill?
Regards
Rob
llandes

Post by llandes »

Hello and thanks for the replies... So sorry I've not checked this.

Rob, yes, still need a grille. Located one in UK but now can't reach the gentleman. Would really like to find one and it would appear I missed out on one from eBay. I need to stay on top of this forum and I greatly appreciate the responses to help. Thank you.

Regarding the import question, I don't believe they were ever imported by Land Rover, only individuals. They are scarce here and I found mine over 1,000 miles away, but dropped everything and flew to retrieve it.

Love the power (as I have a petrol 2.25 SIII 109 also) but the LT95 is a howler!

Thanks for all the help!

Rob, please let me know if you have a grille.

Cheers!
llandes

Post by llandes »

Just looked at the e-bay listing for the complete front end. For some reason, when I tried the link before from my phone, it didn't work. Anyway, I sure wish I was local to this. I'd buy it instantly.

I need the grille and also am looking for the bonnet spare tire mounting bits. (my bonnet is drilled for them, but no parts) Could use the headlight guards as well.

Is anyone in need of the other items and we could make a deal? If so, I'll buy the grille, or grille plus spare wheel bits, plus headlight guards if you wanted to sell all of those. They are the only items it would be reasonable to ship. I shipped a 2a grille over recently and it wasn't too bad.

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to work this out.
llandes

Post by llandes »

...by the way, thanks for the link Geoff!
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Hi
I reproduce Stainless Steel Stage 1 grills. 80 GBPounds. Shame i didnt read this earlier. Could have delivered it. I was in California last week.
Tel
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
wpalmo

Post by wpalmo »

Reproduction Stainless Steel Stage One grills? We need to see some photo's and contact details please.

Regards Warrick.
1981 Stage One V8 Truck Cab
2001 HSE 4.6 Range Rover
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Ok. I'll make 1 over the xmas week. Send you some piccys then. Does not matter if you dont like it. Someone will have it.
Tel
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County