Ex NZ Army Softtop kit + Rifle Holders - New Zealand

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
Hermanus

Ex NZ Army Softtop kit + Rifle Holders - New Zealand

Post by Hermanus »

Hi Everyone,

As I have converted my ex army truck into a Hardtop, I have the complete softtop kit for sale.

All in good condition for age, and very hard to find these days.

Included is:
-Hoop set, complete including retaining brackets, door surrounds etc.
One hoop a little bend, but still fine.
All needed to mount is a hand full of rivets and maybe a bolt or two.
-Canvas, original army, don't know a lot about canvasses, but the guy who sold it to me convinced me it was in very good condition.
Has had new back section attached. Few patches. One strap broken. Could do with some waterproofing stuff. (For sale on Trademe ~$50) See pictures.
-Roll bar. NZ army issue. Has inertia seat belt mounting brackets. Complete with all bolts etc. Would be keen to keep this, or sell depending on deal.
I have paid $1000 for canopy alone, will sell for AP $1100 including roll bar, or $1000 excluding roll bar.
Would be keen on a deal with a decent series 3 ute cab or once piece Defender front doors.

Located in Rotorua area, would prefer pick up, but I am sure I can arrange it to be dropped of at a freight company depot in Rotorua.

Also as I fitted a sissy seat, the original army issue rifle holders are surplus. Included are the gearbox cover floor plate / stock holders and the barrel holder bracket. Can't find any photo's atm, but should have some somewhere if anyone is interested.
AP $60 including shipping anywhere in NZ.

Photo's:
gary_in_nz

Post by gary_in_nz »

i think you might have been ripped off slightly on your hard top.
"If it ain't v8, take it back"
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

'Fraid so.

You should keep the hood sticks and store the canvas somewhere dry. It will add value to the vehicle when you want to sell.

Keep the roll bar too for when you convert to a ute cab.

They are not worth $1000 in NZ. Maybe in the states.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
Hermanus

Post by Hermanus »

Ok thanks for that info. Had the feeling it was quite expensive, but nevermind. I sort of indeed based my price on half of what a new one on the online stores in the usa would cost, but they are obviously more common down here.
What do you reckon it is worth? Don't want to rip anybody off, but don't want to give it away either. Not really interested in keeping it, as I got enough sh*t lying around already and really need to clean up a bit. Plus the chances of me wanting to put it back on are slim. Not too worried about resell value. I'm planning on keeping her for life, lol, just proper maintenance and a complete restoration or two should keep her going for another 50 years I reckon.
I'll try keep the roll bar for when I fit a ute cab, but it is kind of part of the set, so I'll see what goes.
You can go in comfort, you can go fast...
...But I can go anywhere