Kiwis, alert! Wanted desperately, sump with baffle.

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
Kiwistage1V8

Kiwis, alert! Wanted desperately, sump with baffle.

Post by Kiwistage1V8 »

Due to the fact the machine shop lost my sump that I had in there being dipped, I now need another one. :evil:

Any one have a spare floating about...?
Stop Global Whining.
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

I don't but really I would be putting pressure on them to replace it.

Of course the usual suspects exist: Terry Kelk at Heritage Mechanical on the Concourse, Henderson; Morris at Stag 4 x 4, New Lynn; Marcel at Mamaku 4WD, and pretty much anyone else who does Rover V8's.

So, you were getting it dipped. Was that galvanised? Why? I would think that there should be sufficient oil on it to protect it from rust until, well, forever.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
Kiwistage1V8

Post by Kiwistage1V8 »

disco2hse wrote:I don't but really I would be putting pressure on them to replace it.

Of course the usual suspects exist: Terry Kelk at Heritage Mechanical on the Concourse, Henderson; Morris at Stag 4 x 4, New Lynn; Marcel at Mamaku 4WD, and pretty much anyone else who does Rover V8's.

So, you were getting it dipped. Was that galvanised? Why? I would think that there should be sufficient oil on it to protect it from rust until, well, forever.
Nah, hot dipped to clean it up.

I had the block & heads getting machined and chucked in a heap of parts to get cleaned in the hot tank at the same time.

I would pressure them into replacing it, but there is a bit of a shitfight going with them at the moment regarding me paying the rest of my bill and I have the rest of the engine assembled in my shed and want to get the damn thing in and going now, not when this is all resolved.

They put a piston on a rod backwards, and I had to get the valve seats refaced because when I got them back there was a dent in 2 of the seats. I took it all elsewhere and the new place said the grind was substandard, so I got the whole lot redone. 3 faces on the valves etc.
Stop Global Whining.
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Ouch. I can understand that then. Certainly I would be asking them to subsidise the cost of getting someone else who do it properly, i.e. discount the price.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
agrojnr

Post by agrojnr »

I have an array of sumps but Im in Western Australia

Adam
One Life Live It
1982 Stage 1 V8 wgn
Kiwistage1V8

Post by Kiwistage1V8 »

Got my sump, but had to pay $75. Ouch. :(

I actually got given a couple, one was from an old 70's rangie and the baffle was not right (attached to the main caps by the look) and the inside of the sump was rusty as hell. I could have made up a baffle and tacked it in place I spose. The other one was huge, it had been modified and would have taken about 10 litres + of oil, and no baffle.

So I ended up getting the right one plus a pickup for $50 + freight.

Bit on the expensive side I thought.
Stop Global Whining.