LT95 Gearbox / Stainless steel exhaust system / LPG kit

Your adverts or pointers to other adverts, Ebay, recommended suppliers etc.
marnold

LT95 Gearbox / Stainless steel exhaust system / LPG kit

Post by marnold »

Hello all,

I am currntly removing my LT95 and V8 to make way for a diesel conversion (sorry). The LT95 is now surplus to requirements; it was replaced approximately 2 years ago with a brand new 'old stock' item from Dunsfold (I will fetch out the receipt if I can)and covered less than 6,000 miles since fitting. It has the highest transfer case gears fitted that are available although I do have the new standard items that were removed (will need to locate these from my garage). As you would expect it was perfect to drive, however the engine let go unexpectedly hence the conversion.

For the same reasons I have a complete stainless steel exhaust system and a fuel tank going spare. In addition, the vehicle was fitted with an Iwema LPG kit; I did run into trouble with this, however the complete kit is available for spares if it is useful to anyone, it even has a nearly full tank of gas!

There may be other parts that come available, although I need to progress with the project first before I part with them, e.g propeller shafts and the like.

If you are interested in any of the items listed then please call me on 01926 642076.

Regards
Matthew
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Rats. Now if only you were in NZ.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
stechkin

Post by stechkin »

Hey marnold what diesel conversion you are doing? My motor is bad condition and I am thinking to repower my stage I with diesel.
sebking

you have a PM

Post by sebking »

Seb
1970 Spitfire MKIII
1981 Laser 1 88643
1982 Stage 1 v8 SW
1992 Laser 2 9101 "Purple Reign"
2000 Laser Pico 4050
2001 Brompton M3L
2010 VW California GP 140 SE
2010 Brompton M6L
2010 Venture Ranger 16 Canoe
2010 Cube Ltd Pro
V8_Disco

Post by V8_Disco »

Matthew

I have left you a voicemail, my gearbox needs to come out for a rebuild, very intrested in the box and the exhaught

what went wrong with the LPG kit as I know someone looking for one and I have some spaire parts here

Aidan
1982, Stage 1 SW LPG
1999, Disco 2 4.6 Stage 1 Heads ES Multipoint LPG
1976, 88 SW
1973, 88 Truck Cab
marnold

Post by marnold »

Hello all, and thanks for the interest.

A few more parts to add to the list; steering relay, steering gearbox (genuine replacement within the last couple of years or so), alternator (replaced within the last year) engine mounts and associated bracketry, cylinder heads and rocker shafts. The vehicle has coverd around 50,000 miles.

The gas system did work but one of the gas control soloinds mounted on the evaporator assembly shorted internally causing it to get hot and melt. I have not made enquiries as to whether these are availble seperately but would like to part with the system as a kit.

The chassis itself can also go as I have a galvanised replacement; it does have rot in many of the usual places but if anyone would like it for repair or for repair sections then please let me know. The rear cross member has been replaced as have various outriggers in it's lifetime. Certainly the front horns require repair and I suspect that other areas would require attention.

Thanks again for your interest

Regards

Matthew
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

stechkin wrote:Hey marnold what diesel conversion you are doing? My motor is bad condition and I am thinking to repower my stage I with diesel.
Yeah look. Frankly with the cost of the conversion to diesel and associated certification it is probably not worth it unless you just want to do it for the mechanical exercise. There are plenty of V8s around that you can do a rip and replace. There's a whole lot you can do with it before it needs to be dumped. Most people only replace the engine because they want more power (3.9, EFI, etc.).

If you want to discuss in detail, how about starting a new thread.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5