New V8

Discussion about the Register (and V8 powered vehicles other than the Stage 1)

Moderator: glencoyne

disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Andy Dawe wrote:Yes ABS TC HDC all on. Have ordered a Nanocom see what happens when it's reset.
OK. Common problem. I have an odd lump in the road at the end of my street that when I apply the brakes at the wrong time they all come on and chimes angrily at me. I just ignore it now ;). Turning the key off, leaving for a few minutes, and turning back on usually clears it up. On the one occasion a sensor actually had to be replaced it was a fairly simple procedure (Testbook will say which one needs attention) but not that cheap.

Good luck, hopefully it was just crud data.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
Andy Dawe

Another V8

Post by Andy Dawe »

Well the wifes Discovery 2 got written off on the M3. Renault laguna into the rear both occupants in hospital. No injuries to my misses and the Disco fully driveable. Just after I'd fixed the abs fault and given it a full service.

So a replacement D2 was sought but I could not find what I was looking for and a 1997 Range Rover 4.0L Manual P38A Full LR Service history 51K from new was found for half what our disco was worth.

It's a really nice car and I reckon I'm now embarking on a new adventure fixing relays air suspension and electronics.

But it's a V8 yipee

disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Claaarsy Rangie :D

Sorry to hear about the misfortune. D2's are a nice wagon but they aren't a Rangie, so good replacement. Well done.

Must have done some major damage for the insurance company to write it off though.
Alan

2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

Well here's a piccy for your interest.

The rear tow hitch took most of the impact but the laguna went underneath up to the rear axle so the garage quoted the seperation of body and chassis removal of axle and a complete jig even before panels and bumper replaced £7500 of work.

I'm sure the disco will be happily lliving again without alll the work quoted.
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Hmm. That'd do it. Damn shame really.

Can you buy it back from the insurance company. Could be a good chance to build a good bob-tail :twisted:
Alan

2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

Just a couple of pics from Eastnor Castle this year. It was very very muddy and very wet. The V8 ploughed through some seriously deep water. Need to consider a raised intake for the carb.
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

Hmm, you might want to consider a sheet of canvas over the grill too.

Looks fun :)
Alan

2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
gary_in_nz

Post by gary_in_nz »

how much water went inside, looks like good fun. thats what my old man said to me yesterday, i let him take my nissan patrol on a run and i get it back last night and the carpet in the back of it is soaked, turns out he was stuck in a pond and the water poured in. but hey, on the bright side, the cnetral locking in it is going sweet now!?!?
"If it ain't v8, take it back"
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

Up to the seat

Image :lol:
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

LOL :D

Out with the mops boys, time for a clean!!
Alan

2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

This is going up for sale (sadly). Been told we have to get a 110 and it has to be Diesel.

Anyone interested can email me.