Parts and things

Discussion about the Register (and V8 powered vehicles other than the Stage 1)

Moderator: glencoyne

130DC V8

Parts and things

Post by 130DC V8 »

Hi newbe here;

Just become the proud owner of a 130 DC v8 of 88 vintage, but now on the hunt for various parts.

Does anyone have any advice on good parts companies for the V8

In particular dose anyone recormend a particular exhust manufactura or supplier

Thanks
glencoyne

Post by glencoyne »

I bought a sports exhaust system from Rimmer Bros of Lincoln to fit to a 90 V8. It was a complete system with tubular steel manifolds etc, all in stainless. Fitted beautifully and sounded fabulous. The only criticism I have is that the kit didn't include any of the rubber mounts or hangers. You also need their manifold stud kit if you are fitting the sports system. They do a sports system for the 130 (although it isn't cheap), also standard exhausts in mild steel and stainless.

Richard
130DC V8

Post by 130DC V8 »

thanks, i'll look them up
130DC V8

Post by 130DC V8 »

Rimmer bros all very good, but in most cases assumes you know what something looks like.

Ok so you dont need to on an exhust, but on some of the exterior part a lack of photo discription on a web site is a little poor.

And i was hope that i might have had more than one suggestion, anyone else?
foggydave

Post by foggydave »

If you go to the Technical discussion forum there is a post headed exhausts you will find a lot on there. I have just made my own up from an old Range Rover exhaust with tubular downpipes complimented with bits from Jetex.

RPI do a lot of V8 stuff and there web site is really good for all things technical.
REAL STEEL also do a lot of V8 stuff mostly for American engines.
A good web site is the V8 OWNERS FORUM
A good way of finding info is to go to GOOGLE and type in V8 and just fill your boots.

I am in Leicester (Glenfield) so if you want to see what I have done just nip over

All the best Dave
130DC V8

Post by 130DC V8 »

Thanks, ended up with a Stainles from Rimmer Bros inc manifolds, understand it was very tricky to fit and hand to be bent.