110 V8 for sale - Kent

Discussion about the Register (and V8 powered vehicles other than the Stage 1)

Moderator: glencoyne

glencoyne

110 V8 for sale - Kent

Post by glencoyne »

I had a guy ring me up a few days ago to ask if I knew anyone who was looking for a 110 V8. I said I would post the details here, and this is what he sent me.
Here are a few more details about the 'c'reg 110 V8 I have for sale.

MOT till Jul 13th 2006. Taxed for 6 months from 31.01.06,(unless I decide to SARN it if I purchase a car).

Registered in September 1985 3528cc.

Service history: continuous record since 1991. major surgery includes a camshaft renewal in 1994 and 84,000 on clock since then. Entire carburettor assembly replaced 2003, gearbox rebuilt and clutch replaced November 2004 at a cost of £3,175.28.

The garage who did the last big bill, **************** (name edited out for legal reasons) led me to believe that now that the damned thing had been practically reconstructed it would last, but now they tell me "it sounds a bit cammy". They are dying to fleece me some more, but time to get rid of it and get a better car, such as a Ford Focus, Mazda or Honda!

Off roading: Entertainment for loonies - the vehicle has never been off-road in 15 years.

Bodywork: slight crease under passenger side door dating from pre 1991. Evidence of damage to rear bodywork at same early date but capably repaired. Rust penetration through rear chassis member adjacent to tow bar. Minor repairs to chassis arms under the doors.

Tyres Avon Radials in good nick.

It is a fun motor for a mechanic who likes V8 engines. We had the motor to pull a small trailer to markets, but have absolutely no use for it now and never had any interest whatsoever in Landrovers as a species of car!

Would be good to find a home for it. Not many cars survive for over 20 years, I imagine.
It's a 3 door hard top with the 5-speed gearbox - sounds as though it might be worth a look. He's asking around £1500 for it. I said I would pass on enquiries. Any takers?

Richard