1975 Stage One????

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
arcticrover

1975 Stage One????

Post by arcticrover »

hey all-

I was browsing around one of our LR parts supplier web sites and found this. I have emailed the owner (now former owner) and he swears up and down it is genuine article. I didn't know there were any prototypes earlier than 1976 . . . . .but he swears this is a factory 1975. It's somewhere in the US now . . .

Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

It would certainly be good to have a look at it. Any more details?You never know with Land Rover
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

I am trying to get more details about it through e-mail. Oddly, I saw that same picture on stretchlandy's home page, so I wonder if he knows more about it? At first, I thought he might have bought it, but considering the time it took for my landy to get from Southampton to Houston, TX . . . the timing doesn't work.
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Get this. He says it came from Africa? I assume he meant South Africa. So it would have to be either a CKD or built under lisence? I never heard of Stage Ones being produced outside of the UK, but who knows. He didn't seem to know very much about it, but he says he sold it to some guy in kansas and he is going to get me into touch with him.
samro

Post by samro »

Z/A Stage ones had an R6 strait 6 power plant.

CKD kit stage 1s were/are common they were built in the far east, SA, and New Zeland....
"The very difficult we do immediately the impossible takes a little longer!"
1985 Range Rover V8 Auto [Rachel]
1981 Stage 1 V8 S/W [Custard]
1972 SIII 88" D S/W [The 88"]
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

does anyone have a definitive stage one history they can post/e-mail?
stretchlandy

Post by stretchlandy »

No, Sorry, it's not mine, picture on the website is just an example of the stage 1 front end. i am looking for pictures for my site, so if you have any, please send them in! you'll find me (and my landy) at Land Rover Madness Where you'll see that my stage 1 front end has been modified by a previous owner. I will be resolving this as i go along. cheers :D