Questions. Please help. :?:

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
arcticrover

Questions. Please help. :?:

Post by arcticrover »

Hey all. I want to post a few pictures here to see what you guys think. Any help would be appreciated. . .

What is the button on top supposed to control? It doesn't seem to do anything but light up when I pull it out.

What are these buttons/connectors for (1, 2, and 3)?

It looks asif my heater selector cable rusted off. Where did it connect to before?

Here's my interim fix for the worn out throttle return spring. . .turns out that strange pipe on top of the carburettor serves some purpose after all. . . .

Now. . .any idea why when I drive it feels asif there is resistance in the drivetrain? To troubleshoot, I put the rover up on jack stands and let the wheels spin freely in gear. First without the diff lock, then with it. All four wheels spun both times. When it was locked, I was able to stop the front left wheel by hand, but the rear left was still spinning. Does that make sense?
samro

Post by samro »

FOg lamp mines dicky too!!!

1 is aux power out puts, 2 not shore 3 resets the miles counter!!

there should be a heater control vaulve @ the back of the aircleaner.
"The very difficult we do immediately the impossible takes a little longer!"
1985 Range Rover V8 Auto [Rachel]
1981 Stage 1 V8 S/W [Custard]
1972 SIII 88" D S/W [The 88"]
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Aha. Thought so. I take it that refers to the rear fog lamp? There are no forward fog lamps as OE, right? Just the parking lamps and turn indicators? I guess I'll have to check on the trip counter, cause I probably reset it about six times now trying to figure out what that thing does. By back of the aircleaner, do you mean on the bulkhead behind the engine air cleaner canister? There's seems to be no obvious place on the heater core itself for it to go.

EDIT: After searching the web, I can find no pictures or diagrams of how the heater selector cable attaches to whatever it attaches to. If anyone would be so kind as to take some pictures or draw something up I would very much appreciate it! The only picture I found, I can see the cable dissapear behind the air cleaner.
martin hughes

Post by martin hughes »

2 is for left indicator, this flashes with a yellow light to the right.
1982 109 V8 Station Wagon
1965 88 Short Wheel Base
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

:roll: Martin . . . that is what happens when it gets late and I stop paying attention. LOL. Thanks.
martin hughes

Post by martin hughes »

attention to the lights or your direction?
1982 109 V8 Station Wagon
1965 88 Short Wheel Base