Paint colour Identification

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
Larry

Paint colour Identification

Post by Larry »

It's come time to have a crack at re-painting the old bus. It's going back to Masai Red for the main body, but the Safari roof and roof sides are what can be described as a very light creamy white/off white. Is this likely to be the LR colour Ivory White? The colour is the same as the wheels (which seem to be in factory applied colour)

I think Artic White is the bright white you see on Defenders. Limestone seems too creamy and Sand is way to brown. I had a look ont'internet and couldn't find a good enough piccy to identify the colour.

Help! Before I buy the wrong paint (again!) :)
Huzey

Post by Huzey »

I thought the wheels and roofs were limestone, but I could be wrong. I sprayed the spare roof for mine limestone, and it seemed a pretty good match to the original paint that was on it. The existing roof on mine is in the body colour, which I was told by the previous owner, was royal green. It apparently had a royal owner at some point. There is no paint code on my chassis plate.
Hope this of help/interest.
Regards Huzey
I started off with nothing, and still got most of it left!
1989 110 V8 Hard Top

1955 Fordson Major E1a
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

Huzey is right, wheels and roof are limestone.

Some paint codes here.

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
Larry

Post by Larry »

Thanks chaps. I think you're right, Limestone is the colour.

The colour of the interior is slightly darker than the exterior and looks right. I think that the exterior colour has faded over time and looks a lot lighter.

Off to buy some Limestone paint now I have the paint code.