Paint regulations

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
Larry

Paint regulations

Post by Larry »

Is anyone out there "in the know" when it comes to car paint.

A colleague of mine has told me that after november this year you won't be able to buy cellulose paint in the UK due to environmental reasons. I've only ever used cellulose paint and know that using Two Pack is not the best for the DIY'er.

I have a small tin of cellulose paint for the Landy, but will need to get some more to finish everything. Do I need to "panic buy" :D

If there is yet another ban on a product, in this case - paint, it might mean that there'll be a surplus at rock bottom prices available in October! :)
Basil

Post by Basil »

Hi mate use the water based paint, you can get most color's it's not expensive, it's easy to use and you can spray it without an airfed mask. :D

Cheer's Basil
Landrover, If it don't leak oil, it's ran out.

Stage1 station wagon, 3.9 V8, galv chassis, parabolic's, lpg
Skye Stage 1

Post by Skye Stage 1 »

I've recently been doing some work on construction equipment, which has involves stripping various machines down and, as they're being rebuilt, painting them. We've been brushing on zinc-phosphate high-build primer, and I was mildly disconcerted when I read the label on the tin to be told it contained lead. By comparison cellulose seems mild...