MOT in Manchester

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
si_guru

MOT in Manchester

Post by si_guru »

Just had the Stage one MOT'd. Anyway, it failed. No surprise as it had a cracked windscreen and the washers didn't work. Also it turns out that the emissions were out too.

I had it repaired and retested at Trafford Parkway Service Centre, which is couple of streets away from the Trafford Centre. You can plan to get your Landy MOT'd and take the family on a shopping trip on the same day!

They have done a great job. New screen correctly fitted (a lesser garage may have bodge it), emssisons adjusted and washer fixed (not replaced - fixed). Also I had a minor exhaust leak which they fixed... and they fixed the main beam switch for free!!

Seeing they were really doing a great job on the MOT repairs I got them to do the oil, filter and plugs too. I was great to get the beast back (tyres pumped up to correct pressure for free) as she drives much better and has another years' ticket.

The main guy there is a Land Rover fanatic, and it showns. Can't praise them enough!

Trafford Parkway Service Centre
0161 877 7747
19 Longwood Road
Trafford Park
Manchester
M17 1PZ
2005 Vauxhall Vectra SRi (205bhp Diesel)
2006 Citroen Berlingo HDi (Baby Bus)
1997 Triumph Speed Triple
1987 Avondale Avocet
Skye Stage 1

Post by Skye Stage 1 »

Always good to hear a positive note on a garage! I must say, Manchester is a bit far for me to travel, but (luckily) up here the two main garages are staffed by the older geneartion, who do appreciate that the feel of the brakes, and the slack in the steering is not going to be the same as a modern Eurobox.
Larry

Post by Larry »

I have a nice big chip out of the drivers side windscreen in the "A zone". It always passed its MoT (albeit a few years since the last one) as the windscreen can be folded down and away and therefore is not technically covered by the MoT. I was told this by several MoT places, and even reminded one after he failed it on that, he agreed and passed it.

Have the rules changed? If so, I'll have to add a windscreen to the ever increasing list of parts I need to get through the test.
si_guru

Post by si_guru »

I think the rules are the same... my driver's screen was cracked right the way across.
1980 SIII Stage One 109"
1965 SIIA 88" (1/3 Owner)
1962 Massey Ferguson MF35
2005 Vauxhall Vectra SRi (205bhp Diesel)
2006 Citroen Berlingo HDi (Baby Bus)
1997 Triumph Speed Triple
1987 Avondale Avocet
Skye Stage 1

Post by Skye Stage 1 »

I didn't know that about hinged Landy screens. At least the windscreens in our vehicles are cheap to replace when they do break.