Lightweight Series 3, Stage 1, 88" V8

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
Mattkisler

Post by Mattkisler »

:shock: who, the hell, is Guptee Bidaisee? :shock:
Of course, there will be free rum, that's why I am here! Unfortunatelyn o ocean front upgrades are possible, the rooms are all about 15 feet away from high tide, any closer and we will have to make you sleep on the beach. Have a look www.bluewatersinn.com The picture of the manager is no longer correct, since it is me now, but the rest is a you see it.

And here are the first pictures: (I know it does not look pretty, but wait until Christmas). And of course they could not open the hood, something jammed it, but I guess by tomorrow they will have it open. why else would one want a Land Rover?

[/img]
Mattkisler

Post by Mattkisler »

Sorry, somebody has to explain to me the image posting
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Guptee owns (did own) another SWB Stage 1 - look on the page that shows Sanjay's truck:

http://www.landroverclub.net/Club/HTML/ ... g_rare.htm

Just below it shows a SWB County Station Wagon with a funky roof mounted air con unit owned by Guptee, plate No. PAS 711

It looks as if there may still be quite a few of these Shorties in T & T.

I look forward to joining you on the terrace for a rum beverage! Only problem is that it would probably take me twice as long to get to T&T from California as it takes me to go home to England - I don't think there are any direct flights from here.

Good luck on the quest.

Alan.
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

I can almost taste the Pusser's!
Do we have a matelot in our midst?

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
Mattkisler

Post by Mattkisler »

Sorry, I did not see the length of th car, all I saw was Station Wagon and presumed it was a long V8. I will check out Guptee too! From California, it is a bit complicated. LA to Miami, to Port of Spain to Tobago. We have our own plane at the hotel which can bring people from Port of Spain to Tobago, but it is still a long trip.
Mattkisler

Post by Mattkisler »

Oh yes, who the hell needs Pusser's if you have the stuff that we have down here. (Puncheon, minimum 160 proof) That's the reason why these landies run so well and lsst so long down here, rum!!! 8)
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Jon,

That's a negative - but if you are ever in the Golden State I will break out the Pusser's for you :P

Matt - my wife's cousin is a pilot on a Gulfstream III - I am working on convincing him to fly us all to the Caribbean. Currently he is being unreasonable and expects us to pay for this little favour - that's the last time I invite him over for dinner.

Alan.
Last edited by Londoner on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Who needs a Jet when you have one of these.Certainly Sounds better. More expensive to run though.Swap it for a Shortie though.
[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ ... C00105.jpg[/img]
Tel[/img]
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Tel,

I am pretty sure that it costs about the same per hour to run my stage one as it does to run the jet.

Also, the door seals on my landy need replacing, hence I do not feel that trying to ford the Caribbean is advisable, no matter how much I waterproof the engine.

Alan.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

If I got this right there should be a "family" photo below. If not I will have to re-read the instructions on how to add images

Please do not laugh at the Jeep - it is very sensitive, and it was the first new car I ever bought - I wanted a Landy, but at that time the were about $30,000 new or $12,000 used.

Sorry Matt, not SWB related - more rum anyone?

Alan.
Mattkisler

Post by Mattkisler »

You are right about the Gulfstream, we leave that to Governor Schwarzenegger, who not only has the bad taste of driving one of those "rapmobiles", I think they call them Hummer, but who would very likely also prefer a Gulfstream IV over a V8 III. That's the California way of life!! No wonder Whacko Jacko (Stretch Limo), Britney Spears (was that some weird Italian car she stepped out of when she was "exposed" (would never have happened in a Land rover)), Lindsay Lohan ( a Volkswagen !!!) and O.J (a Bronco!!) live there. They do not deserve any better!
By the way, the Landy next to the Jeep is crying out for help, the plate says EUX, which is stiff upper lip English (ouuksss) for the better known American" Yyyiikkeesss!"
Mattkisler

Post by Mattkisler »

I still need instructions for the picture posting if anybody wants to see my horrible old thing (the 88" of course)
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Post you piccys here http://photobucket.com/
Once you piccys are posted.
Choose your piccy and Highlight [IMG]
Copy the link to the forum.
In your post click on [img]and copy.Thats how i do it anyway.
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
Mattkisler

Post by Mattkisler »

Hello again, I am visibly too stupid to post some pictures. I have this old domain which I own, it is called www.tobago.at
I will post an ongoing comment and pictures of my renovation project, plus all other information I can find on this site, in the hope of bringing together the surviving 88" stage 1, series III, Leighweight V8's.
So if you have anything new about these cars and their owners just email me at matt@tobago.at or call the number that I have given on the web site. I will also continue to check this group, since you really helped me to get going!!! :lol:
All the info should be up by Monday.
Matt 8)