De Restriction

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
martin hughes

De Restriction

Post by martin hughes »

I read once about de-restricting the engine, seem to rember somthing about discs in the carbs? any body got any ideas on where to start?
1982 109 V8 Station Wagon
1965 88 Short Wheel Base
V8darren

Post by V8darren »

Hi mate,

I did mine, wow what a differance :lol: . Gives the old boy racers a run for thier money, they don't like it :lol: .

1st remove both carbs from the inlet manifold. This will reveal a disc/tube approx 45mm in diameter sticking out from the inlet manifold with two holes in. These are held in by snap rings and are quite difficult to get out.
I found that a large pair of mole grips and a big hammer did the trick, but you need to be quiet buttal with it but most importantly :!: VERY :!: careful of the inlet manifold faces (don't dent or deeply scratch) if at first you don't suceed perserve they will come out :x .
Then replace the carbs with new gaskets, set them up and your away with approx 135bhp. I also fitted K&N filters onto mine, not omnly sound great but have had it upto approx 110mph, although won't go there again (Leaf springs, drum brakes and wandering steering dont like that speed :shock: )
You know your in heaven when the V8's a revin