pictures of engine bay

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
arcticrover

pictures of engine bay

Post by arcticrover »

One more request :roll: Can everyone post pictures of their engine bay? I need some comparisons to see where a few miscellaneous items are supposed to go :?: Like my heater selector cable, which must have rusted right off of its mount. I also have some plastic tubes which are emanating from the transmission/t-case which are just sitting in the engine bay, not attached to anything. They are bent at a 90 degree near the end.
V8darren

Post by V8darren »

Hi Mate,

Can't help with the pic although the plastic tubes from the transmission are extended breather pipes, stops water getting into the transmission, very bad

Darren
You know your in heaven when the V8's a revin
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Thanks. That is as I thought, but someone else had eluded to them being vacuum lines that should be connected to the top of the carbs. I may have read that post incorrectly.
db
Site Admin

Post by db »

Probably not enough detail for you at http://www.stage1v8.org.uk/tech/Engine_Bay.html

However, somewhere I've got some photos I took of a vehicle which was for sale at the East Anglian Off Road show in 2004. From memory they show a bit more so I'll stick them in a gallery when I find them.

David
V8darren

Post by V8darren »

Hi Mate, only me again.

I forgot that I had posted some pics of the engine bay for another user earlier this month.

Here is the link, hope its of use to you.

http://www.stage1v8.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44

Darren
You know your in heaven when the V8's a revin
db
Site Admin

Post by db »

I've now found and uploaded the photos which I mentioned earlier and they can be viewed at http://www.stage1v8.org.uk/engine_bay/index.html

If you want more detail you can click on the 800x600 picture to see the 2048x1536 original

David
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

BRILLIANT! Many thanks. This will be extremely helpful in my reconstruction efforts.
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

DB
Those piccys of the engine bay. Any more of the rest of the Stage 1. Only one i've seen in the same colour as mine.
thanks
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
db
Site Admin

Post by db »

Bumpkin wrote:Any more of the rest of the Stage 1. Only one i've seen in the same colour as mine.
I'm afraid not.

The only ones I didn't upload were some close-ups of the catch for the bonnet lock which I took since my bonnet had been replaced with one without that. I wanted to see how it was fitted since the previous owner of mine had found the one he'd bought but not got round to fitting and was going to send it to me.

The only other info I can tell you is that I'm pretty sure it's a HCPU like yours (you can see it's a truck cab in a couple of the photos) and it had 16000 miles on the clock and he was asking for 3950 ono

David
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

db
How lond ago?
Tel
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38