What am I missing?

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
crispy

What am I missing?

Post by crispy »

Other than a few sandwiches from my picnic..

Can somebody tell me what should be at the top of the panel in the picture??

[img]http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chris_ ... pg&.src=ph

Cheers
filthychimp03

Post by filthychimp03 »

do you already have a cigarette lighter?? you don't seem to be missing anything, maybe it was just an add-on
max
Larry

Post by Larry »

That panel looks very different to the one fitted on mine, but I'd guess at Diff Lock Warning Light???

Didn't have one on mine originally (since retrofitted) so don't know where it should go (or what it looks like), but thought I'd have a guess anyway (I like quizzes)! :)
crispy

Post by crispy »

I assumed this panel was a standard thing.

The diff lock warning light is at the bottom, then the brake warning light but it looks like there was another warning light fitted at the top. I also have the rear wash/wipe button on this panel.

I don't have a cigar lighter fitted and I guess the vacant hole would be the ideal place as I need one so the kids can watch their DVD's etc on long journeys

Anybody going to Old Sodbury tomorrow?
onno wielinga

Post by onno wielinga »

there should only be a brake warning light, a difflock light and a hazardwarning switch.
it would be handy to put the stage1v8 handbook on the site. as this would answer a lot of questions.
who wants a scan?
crispy

Post by crispy »

That would be very handy to have.

I've been looking to buy a owners handbook but I haven't seen one for sale.

Spent today at the Old Sodbury sortout but nobody there was selling one.
Didn't spot any Stage 1 specific bits either
1toughV8

Post by 1toughV8 »

My center console setup has 3 lights, bottom light is DIFF LOCK light, middle light is PARK BRAKE light and the top light just says BRAKE, so maybe it is for a brake failure or something? I will post a photo with 2 of the 3 lights on. I don't have a hazard/flasher switch on my truck, anyone know where that should be??

Chris
1toughV8

Post by 1toughV8 »

Here is a photo of my center console.

As you can see, top to bottom is BRAKE, PARK BRAKE and DIFF LOCK. The top switch to the side is to switch between fuel tanks(fuel pumps and fuel level indicators switch). The bottom switch is just a power switch that just turns on/off power to the radio mounted below(runs straight off the battery) so sometimes it gets left on by accident. On the far side is some sort of plug for power, but i don't know what type of plug fits in there? Now i just need to rig up a flasher/hazard button/switch.

Cheers,
Chris
gary_in_nz

Post by gary_in_nz »

Inside of my centre console>>>

Top Left is diflock; then Park Brake; The big gauge in the middle is battery tester; then hazard lights; then below, left gauge, motor hours; and right gauge is amp metre.
the switch on the right under the spring loaded cover, is what I call the 'Commando' switch, because it turns off all internal lights and external lights and a little light at the front on the bumper comes on which has a small slit in it that shines almost directly onto the road, and a light about as powerful as a small mag light under the rear shines striaght down. This was so that the trucks when the army had them made them hard to spot from the air. I talked to a guy I know in the army and he rekons they used to get a guy sit on the bonnet and dirrect the driver when they had to be stealthy, or in a convoy with only these lights on.

"If it ain't v8, take it back"
crispy

Post by crispy »

I like the look of that panel...

Its a shame the UK military never took the stage 1

Is the rear diff painted white? - UK military have them painted white for use with the small convoy light (or used to, not sure about now)
Never came across a front convoy light though.
The front lights could be covered with an Infra Red filter which was fine as long as your enemy didn't have I.R. goggles too.
KR

Post by KR »

gary_in_nz wrote:Inside of my centre console>>>

Top Left is diflock; then Park Brake; The big gauge in the middle is battery tester; then hazard lights; then below, left gauge, motor hours; and right gauge is amp metre.
the switch on the right under the spring loaded cover, is what I call the 'Commando' switch, because it turns off all internal lights and external lights and a little light at the front on the bumper comes on which has a small slit in it that shines almost directly onto the road, and a light about as powerful as a small mag light under the rear shines striaght down. This was so that the trucks when the army had them made them hard to spot from the air. I talked to a guy I know in the army and he rekons they used to get a guy sit on the bonnet and dirrect the driver when they had to be stealthy, or in a convoy with only these lights on.

That sounds cool. Does it work, too? If so, I assume Lucas stayed out of the picture? :)
KR

Post by KR »

gary_in_nz wrote:Inside of my centre console>>>

That sounds cool. Does it work, too? If so, I assume Lucas stayed out of the picture? :)
gary_in_nz

Post by gary_in_nz »

hi, yes it all goes!!
having issues at the moment with my indicator warning light switch staying on almost all the time, but i think i traced it to a loose wire in the plug for the indicator unit, wish me luck!!!!
"If it ain't v8, take it back"
choc-ice

Post by choc-ice »

onno wielinga wrote:it would be handy to put the stage1v8 handbook on the site. as this would answer a lot of questions.
who wants a scan?
Boing for this topic. Is there anyone with a manual and a scanner? Or know where I can get an owner's book?

I bought a Series 3 book as it covers models upto 1983 but the V8 isn't in there.
disco2hse

Post by disco2hse »

For the V8 info you need the V8 Supplement.

I didn't know there was a specific Stage 1 manual??? IS that true?
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5