Fixing Up the Stage One

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
firemanshort

Fixing Up the Stage One

Post by firemanshort »

I am in the UK now - and I drove my Stage One for the first time on Friday night. Besides the whole truck being a complete rust bucket and the exhaust manifold roaring like only a cracked V8 exhaust manifold can..... It is pretty sweet. The V8 power really is amazing compared to my old 2.25 Series III petrol. I did not think that an extra 20-30hp would make that much of a difference.

So far, I have scavanged up a free replacement bulkhead that needs some footwell work, a fair price on an overdrive (without the shifting lever) and a good second hand exhaust manifold from our buddy Richard at Glencoyne Engineering.

I am hoping that after a month in the garage at Hudderfield, it will come home a 'new' truck.

-Firemanshort
-----------------------------------
Firemanshort
Virginia, USA
primsil

Post by primsil »

so you got bobtails OD then. Sorry to hear it is not in good shape rustwise. I have just bought a s3 109 hardtop for a donor for my stage1. It looks good in the photo but will see when I pick it up off the ferry next weekend.
I have decided my stage 1 should be factory original as close as possible, the one exception will be the transfer gears from my Rangerover, they are 1.172 I believe and possibly removing the restrictors. the brakes and steering will not be altered, I may do another project later if I feel the need for a modded one.
1985 110, 3.9 auto
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

If your in huddersfield your not far from me :D

Give me a shout if you need any help.

Jon - M1CQO

109" Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon - Now gone!
My Website
firemanshort

First Up - Bulkhead Repair

Post by firemanshort »

The first part of repairing the Stage One is refurbishing the donor bulkhead.

-Firemanshort
-----------------------------------
Firemanshort
Virginia, USA