Hi All......

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
paddy700d

Hi All......

Post by paddy700d »

I thought I'd join here to ask a question about some Stage 1 V8 bits I've acquired from a scrappy. First of all a wee bit about me. I'm a total lover of Landys and had a few lol, my first car ever was a SIII SW 6 Cyl, 3rd car SIII Lightweight, last proper car to now 200Tdi Disco and next car an '87 110 CSW (once finished lol)

I found a Stage 1 SW in the local Scrappy and removed the galv'd body to tub cappings hoping they would fit my 110. They are very similar just slightly longer but I think if I cut down the first inch at the C pillar end they'd fit......but are these cappings particular to Stage 1's only thus rarer or are they found on any other models? If they're common enough I'm happy to hack them up but if they're "special" I'd sooner keep a hold of them/sell them on to someone who needs them (this is not a for sale threads mods, just an honest question :) )

Here they are, it's only the sticky out bit at the very end and the rivet positions that's different.

Thanks Guys,
Paddy
disco2hse

Re: Hi All......

Post by disco2hse »

Hi,

Nothing rare about them. They are series III caps. The Stage 1 is properly known as the Series III 109 V8 (although there were 16 88's made too, and the odd prototype).

Probably worth a couple of quid. (only because you took the effort to remove them).
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1
2005 Disco 2 HSE TD5
paddy700d

Re: Hi All......

Post by paddy700d »

That's great news. I'd have felt guilty if they were rare special bits and I was about to hack them up lol

Thanks for the info,
Paddy