Parts missing

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
timbo_w

Parts missing

Post by timbo_w »

Hello everyone, have just aquirred a stage one, truck cab as my new project, i have looked at the various photo's in different threads and can see that i have what i presume is the air filter. There are 2 holes in my manifold and one in my in the box joining the two carbs together. So i guess i need the air filter and housing and any pipework does anybody have a list of part numbers i need and someone i can order them from

Regards

Tim (long time landy fan) 8)
1982 109 V8 Pickup, a newby with a new project
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Tim
Lets ave a piccy then.
Tel
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Have a look at my post about emissions equipment. It may be helpful to you.
Andy Dawe

Post by Andy Dawe »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-3-5-RO ... dZViewItem

would this item help you out looks like a good source for spares.
timbo_w

Pictures

Post by timbo_w »

The pics of my engine are on:

http://timwilmshurst2.blogspot.com/

as you can see the 2 holes on the manifold down to the left and the hole coming out from the joining piece on the 2 carbs. I am not sure what these parts are and where to get them from
nijweide

Re: Pictures

Post by nijweide »

timbo_w wrote:The pics of my engine are on:

http://timwilmshurst2.blogspot.com/

as you can see the 2 holes on the manifold down to the left and the hole coming out from the joining piece on the 2 carbs. I am not sure what these parts are and where to get them from
The joining piece is the actual air-filter. there should be replaceable air-filters inside. Fitted to that hole should be an air pre-heater that seems to be missing on most V8's (including mine). About the holes on the manifold. i don't know
109V8CSW & SIIASWBSofttop
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

The holes in the manifold are to do with emisions. See here
http://www.stage1v8.org.uk/phpBB2/viewt ... 6e4f8556d5
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
onno wielinga

Post by onno wielinga »

on the hole in the airfilterhouse fits a box with a thermal sensored flap, which will let pass hot air (taken in from a tube from one of the holes in the exhaustmanifold) when the air is cold. when the air is warm enough it wil let in air straight. those boxes seldom work properly.
i would not bother going after those parts unles you want to get your car in concours condition.
the engine works fine without it.
glencoyne

Post by glencoyne »

Stage 1 in Pageant Blue... it isn't ORT 155W by any chance?
timbo_w

thanks for your help

Post by timbo_w »

thanks for the help with this one, i wont bother hunting this part down if its not needed, do you think some sort of plate should be put on the exhaust so there is not just 2 gaping holes :roll:
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

I don't think there's actually any holes in the manifold (the housing with the holes is totally missing on mine. Yours is just a chamber on the manifold that allows heated air from the surface of the exhaust manifold to rise by convective action through the tube to the flapper valve and thus provide warm air to your intake when the outside temperature is cold. It reduces emissions levels during your engine's warm up by making it more efficient. Anyone else correct this if I am wrong. . .

The only reason I am looking for it is because here in Anchorage we have some of the strictest emmissions laws and inspections in the US . . . even moreso than California. In California, at least the age of my vehicle would make it exempt from visual inspection.
timbo_w

Post by timbo_w »

Excellent, its going in for its mot on saturday so will have to wait and see what it fails on, wish me luck :shock: