Need opinion on eBay dizzy

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
arcticrover

Need opinion on eBay dizzy

Post by arcticrover »

Hey all. I asked before, but no one saw. Does this look suitable for our engine? It certainly is a lot cheaper than anything else that is new. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Accel-Di ... enameZWD1V
Huzey

Post by Huzey »

Hi Arcticrover
I posted this a while ago, don't know if it will help you or not.

Aluminum V8
The Oldsmobile/Buick 215 V8 was a small 215 in³ aluminum engine for midsize cars of the 1960s. It was introduced in the 1961 Buick Special, Oldsmobile Cutlass F-85 (where it was called the Rockette), and Pontiac Tempest and retired by General Motors just three years later due to high production costs.

The tooling was sold to Britain's Rover Group, and this Rover V8 engine saw widespread use by many manufacturers. This engine was the basis for a 198 in³ V6 which, after being sold to and bought back from Jeep in the 1970s, became the current GM 3800 engine.

Don't know wether it will tell you wether the dizzy will fit the engine??? :shock: Looks very nice though.
Regards Huzey
I started off with nothing, and still got most of it left!
1989 110 V8 Hard Top

1955 Fordson Major E1a
samro

Post by samro »

it should fit a 215 acording to the title....
"The very difficult we do immediately the impossible takes a little longer!"
1985 Range Rover V8 Auto [Rachel]
1981 Stage 1 V8 S/W [Custard]
1972 SIII 88" D S/W [The 88"]
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Samro-

Are you saying Buick model only or Rover as well? I don't know if the Rover dizzy is any different. . .
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

I just read Hardcastle's second Rover Engine book and it would seem that this "Buick" dizzy is not compatible with the Rover block because of changes in the dizzy's drive gear over the years. For one third the price of the Mallory, though, it may be worth ordering it and attemping to fit it . . . I can always get rid of it if it doesn't fit.