Engine Swap Possibilities?

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
arcticrover

Engine Swap Possibilities?

Post by arcticrover »

Hey all. Has anyone looked into putting a GM or Ford engine into their Rover? I want to stay Rover, but I am looking at the cost of rebuilding/replacing my 3.5 versus the cost of a completely new crate motor that will produce significantly more power and be easier to maintain. Any thoughts?
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Hi
Originality is good when its easy and cheap to do.However, upgrades are a good idea when it involves the brakes fo instance.I have a 3.9 Discovery engine ready to go in my HiCap should my V8 pack up. Some people may not agree, but its your truck so do as you please in my opinion.
Terry
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
glencoyne

Post by glencoyne »

Try this:

http://www.marks4wd.com/RR-Chevy-V6-V8.html

They seem to have exactly what you are looking for.

Richard
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Richard-

I am working on getting price quote from them right now. Looks like they have it all figured out. Thanks for the link. Still trying to find a chassis. What a pain!
pkeller

Post by pkeller »

Some time ago I gaved a good chassis of a Stage-I Station to a friend here in Switzerland. In case of space problem he tryed to find somebody who takes it for free last year. I am not sure if he still have it. So if you are intrested I could ask him.
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Yes! Please let me know what you find out.
pkeller

Post by pkeller »

I just got the answer that this chassis is no longer available!
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Thanks for inquiring!
primsil

Post by primsil »

Shame you are on the wrong end of the planet, I have a spare chassis here, they are quite plentiful here as our army just disposed of their 400 stage1s. A friend is using one to replace a s2 chassis which rusted.
1985 110, 3.9 auto
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Yeah . . . oh well . . . if this was easy it wouldn't mean that much to me, right? :wink:
glencoyne

Post by glencoyne »

primsil wrote:Shame you are on the wrong end of the planet, I have a spare chassis here, they are quite plentiful here as our army just disposed of their 400 stage1s. A friend is using one to replace a s2 chassis which rusted.
Would you like to act as my buying agent? I would be very interested in the possibility of getting together a shipping container full of Stage 1 parts to bring back to the UK, provided they are cheap and in decent shape.

Richard
primsil

Post by primsil »

Should still be some about, problem is everyone wants to make money from them, I know about 12 that were available got recycled, mind you the pound is worth about 3 NZ dollars so makes it better from that angle, I have no idea on costs for sending a container though. I am guessing you would want mainly axles and chassis as most other items are common to other models. I will make enquiries.
1985 110, 3.9 auto
primsil

Post by primsil »

glencoyne wrote:
primsil wrote:Shame you are on the wrong end of the planet, I have a spare chassis here, they are quite plentiful here as our army just disposed of their 400 stage1s. A friend is using one to replace a s2 chassis which rusted.
Would you like to act as my buying agent? I would be very interested in the possibility of getting together a shipping container full of Stage 1 parts to bring back to the UK, provided they are cheap and in decent shape.

Richard
Have started a new thread re 35 vehicles becoming available soon.
1985 110, 3.9 auto