Richards Chassis

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
arcticrover

Richards Chassis

Post by arcticrover »

Does anyone have a Richards Chassis? Thoughts?
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

Hi
Try Marslands, they do a specific chassis for the Stage 1 V8.I have a Galvy chassis on the HiCap, i was told it was Marslands. Found any blue paint yet?
http://www.marslands.com/
1 Stage 1 V8 HiCap
1 Series 3 HiCap
1 LWB Steies 2
1 SWB Series 2
1 300 TDi Disco
1 4.6 HSE P38
1 V8 90 County
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

I have inquiries in with a lot of vendors right now. I'll keep you all posted. Having a Stage 1 in North America is no picnic!
Basil

Post by Basil »

Hi, I rebuilt mine on a Richard's chassis about 2 year's ago, at the time i rang Marshland and they said they had enough part's to build 1 more stage1 chassis and then that would be that, but they may have changed there mind if they had had enough firm enquire's, that i don't know.

What i can say though is the Richard's chassis is spot on, everything fitted and lined up perfectley, the company was very helpful and kept me informed on the delivery, the quality was brilliant and would definatley recomend them to any one.

Basil
Landrover, If it don't leak oil, it's ran out.

Stage1 station wagon, 3.9 V8, galv chassis, parabolic's, lpg
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

I contacted them and they said they do not stock them anymore.
Basil

Post by Basil »

Which one did you contact mate, marshland's or richard's? had to wait six weeks while richard's made mine which i did not think was a bad delivery time.

Basil

arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Richards doesn't have them. Marsland does, though. I can wait for three months. I'm not in a hurry. Just want it to be here by summer. Finding the least expensive way to ship it may be difficult. I wonder if there's anyone over here that could make a chassis so I can cut down on shipping costs.
Basil

Post by Basil »

That's a bit strange eh, Richard's still list them in there advert's, just checked Lre mag.

Basil

pkeller

Post by pkeller »

Five year ago I put a galvanised leaf-spring Designa-chassis on to my 1979 hardtop Stage-I. In my opinion this was the right solution and I would do it again and not fitting an other used one.
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Well, I found a guy in Vancouver that has a galv chassis lying around, by chance. However, he wants US $3900 for it before shipping. . .which is a bit of a rip off. I can get a D110 rolling chassis from eBay for $3500 shipped (see here on eBay . . . I asked for a discount and he knocked off $500). It seems like the D110 is the obvious choice.

Does anyone see any glaring issues with the D110 rolling chassis swap?

Will I have to consider steering side as an issue?
primsil

Post by primsil »

I know my stage1 chassis are built for left or right, so would expect 110 to be the same, just coil sprung, so will you be changing to coils?
1985 110, 3.9 auto
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

Nothing is for sure right now. If I could get a decently priced D110 chassis, I would go coils. If I can find a reasonably priced Stage 1 chassis, I'll be going with parabolics. I can't believe that guy in Canada wants $4500 canadien for a spare chassis. . . UGH :evil:
primsil

Post by primsil »

I'd sell mine for $200 US but I hate to think what it would cost for freight.
1985 110, 3.9 auto
arcticrover

Post by arcticrover »

I can handle the freight depending on the condition of the chassis. Will you send me some pictures? I'd be happy to give you more than that for a good chassis.
primsil

Post by primsil »

It is in storage at my old town at present, hope to head down that way in the next couple of weeks, will let you know when I have them. I was going to use it myself to convert my S3 but have got an almost complete stage 1 now.
1985 110, 3.9 auto