Service from LR Series

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
map1275

Service from LR Series

Post by map1275 »

Anyone else had and recent problems with LR Series, or just me?

My last three orders were deficient items. This was rectified quickly and these things do happen.

However with my latest order, Royal Mail has been replaced by Fed Ex at well over the odds price. Although probably good for international courier prices, I was happy with snail mail and Royal Mail's blood money prices.

I've spent a few pounds over that last few months and was intending spend another 1000 or so but after this last order, I'll spend it somewhere else.
Matt Braddish

Post by Matt Braddish »

Yes, I have had problems with them when ordering a replacement fuel tank. I spoke with the stores bloke as the tank I needeed was the one for a 6 cyl. He knew the one that I was on about and had a new old stock one at the back of the stores, I couldn't order it over the phone (Another pain), it had to be via their website. The tank that arrived was a Britpart replacement and the wrong one. In the end I modified it to fit but will not use them again, the quality of some of their pattern parts is terrible
Matt B
sebking

I like them

Post by sebking »

Prices are ok.

The website specifically differentiates between pattern and original and tells the manufacturer of the pattern eg Britpart...

I've had responses to emails on Sunday nights when placing orders.

The stock level is good.

They have a neat system that allows personalised quotes for carriage.

Delivery is swift.

Yes, I've had a few problems with incorrect parts (wrong one picked) and damaged (sealed LR box with damaged hub seal) but these have been resolved fast and at no cost to me.

And they are looking to constantly improve.
1970 Spitfire MKIII
1981 Laser 1 88643
1982 Stage 1 v8 SW
1992 Laser 2 9101 "Purple Reign"
2000 Laser Pico 4050
2001 Brompton M3L
2010 VW California GP 140 SE
2010 Brompton M6L
2010 Venture Ranger 16 Canoe
2010 Cube Ltd Pro
map1275

Post by map1275 »

The choice between real or reproduction parts has been the main attraction for me. Though there have been a couple of instances where I've wondered whether what they've sent was what I had ordered. 90% plus, of what I've ordered has been for genuine parts. Whereas if you order from Craddock, you have no idea what will turn up.

I have also had some e-mail replies at odd times of the day, usually from Dominic. He has also tracked down a few odd parts for me.

However, just recently I've had a very notable drop in service. Incomplete orders, wrong parts and now this Air Courier instead of Air-Mail nonsense and no apparent interest or concern from L.R. Being on the other side of the world means that good service and a watchful eye on transport costs is of great importance.