How to upload photos using postimages.org

Anything else related to the Stage 1 V8
Cliff4WD

How to upload photos using postimages.org

Post by Cliff4WD »

Since the question "how do I upload photos here?" is often asked on forum sites like this, also, since photobucket pulled their premium service stunt a while ago, I thought a revised simple "how to" was made available to quickly refer to. I did this one for another forum I frequent. Here it is, a guide on how to utilise postimages.org to post photos here.

First off, you need to go to the postimages website. This is easy enough, just type in postimages.org in your browser and select the site. You will be presented with a page something like this:

Select 'Sign-up' , enter your email and an auto generated password will be mailed back to you. Use the password to login to post

Having logged in, the next step is to save your photo image to the site. For now, we'll just put our photo into the default photo gallery. You can create your own galleries and group your photos however you prefer later. So, click on 'Choose Images' and a selection box will pop-up

From the selection box choose the appropriate option for your photo. In my case, I'm going to select an image stored in my photo library.

Select the image (or multiple images) and select done when you have completed your selection.

The photo will now be uploaded from your device to the postimages site and be added to your selected gallery, default in this example.

For the best quality images, it is best to save the image full size, but this depends on what size you originally created and saved the image to your local device. Some forum sites are unable to handle large image files or to resize them appropriately. This was the case on the older version of the D2BC forum software, however, this is no longer the case and the image will be sized to fit on screen. For this example I left the image size settings as "Do not resize my image"

Remember when saving images, if you choose to resize, then it is the viewer's screen size that is relevant, hence why it is best to leave it unchanged. If you are also using to post on other forums, then the "640x480 for message boards" option is generally best as this is the standard old VGA monitor standard.

Now that you have your photos saved on the postimages site, the next step is to select the ones you wish to share on the forum.

Select "My images" of you have saved several photo images, then select the "share" icon for tue photo(s) you wish to share.

You'll be presented with another list of options

Select the "Hotlink for forums" option by clicking on the copy button beside it

Or manually highlight the link and select copy

You now have the url link to this photograph copied in your clipboard. It is then just a simple matter of pasting it into your forum post.

Hopefull this will be helpful and provide enough information for you to work out how to post your own images here. There are bound to be discrepancies between my screenshots taken on my old iPad and whatever device you're using, but the principle should be the same and fairly obvious if you follow the postimages instructions and the steps I've outlined here. :tup:
Cliff

1981 109 V8 Stage 1
2000 Discovery 2 Td5

109 V8: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2161
My Disco Thread: http://www.thed2boysclub.co.uk/viewtopi ... =3&t=58130

LAND ROVER. TURNING OWNERS INTO PAUPERS FOR 70 YEARS
disco2hse

Re: How to upload photos using postimages.org

Post by disco2hse »

Great post. Thank you.
Alan

1983 ex-army FFR 109 Stage 1